omaha Steaks

/ omaha Steaks #13  
I second buying local.

I found out last year, I had a farmer only 15-20 minutes away that raises their own beef and sells it right on the property.

They mostly sell 1/2's and 1/4's, but, they do generally have steaks, ground beef, and lots of other things for sale.

The steaks are nearly prime or better, at less than choice prices.

I had all but stopped buying steaks, because they had gotten so expensive at the stores.

/ omaha Steaks #14  
Buy Local and support your economy - the owner might be your neighbor.
What if I don't like my neighbor? :)

We've had Omaha Steaks as a company gift. I was disappointed. They are not worth the money. Average steaks.

I buy whole tenderloins and then cut them myself. Not often, but it is much cheaper per pound that way...and the steaks are better.

/ omaha Steaks #15  
My brother sent me a box of Omaha steaks a while back as he knows we eat a lot of beef. I appreciated the thoughtful gift, but it really was a box of disappointment.

You'd think all these places selling direct, cutting out the middlemen would be able to offer a decent product at a decent price. But the prices are high and quality unpredictable. I'll leave the frozen boutique meats alone and just keep being picky at the grocery store.

/ omaha Steaks #16  
I have no idea why Omaha Steaks is so popular. Their meat is just not that good. Give me local beef any day of the week and a roast on Sunday.

/ omaha Steaks #18  
A local cattle company opened a store in Athens. They sell locally raised beef, pork, and poultry, plus a few condiments. Most of it comes from their cattle operation but they do source some from other local farms when they need it. They do custom cuts and the price per pound is reasonable, such as custom thickness boneless ribeye cut in front of you for $26/lb. So far everything we had purchased has been excellent.

Home - Flying T Meats

/ omaha Steaks #19  
26 bucks a pound is a bit steep for me. I'm buying whole boneless ribeyes for 10 bucks a pound right now. I cut them and vacuum seal them. Most of the ones lately have been bone in at 8 bucks a pound..

/ omaha Steaks #20  
If you think Omaha steaks are expensive, wait until you see what Kansas City steak company charges. Or if that is not enough, go see what Snakeriver farms charges.

I always love this time of year. I get a lot of corporate gifts and they always give out the best.
I do miss those holiday freebies from vendors. By far the best was the bone-in Honey Baked Hams. (Hey buddy, ship it to the house, not the office.🤫😆). I used to work near their processing plant, what a wonderful aroma as you passed by.