omaha Steaks

/ omaha Steaks #21  
Plus if you order from Omaha Steaks, you’ll be stuck with the styrofoam shipping container in your basement for the rest of your life…….
You're supposed to pack it with Thanksgiving leftovers and send it home with your kids.

Or, take it on your Canadian fishing trip and bring back some walleye.

/ omaha Steaks #22  
26 bucks a pound is a bit steep for me. I'm buying whole boneless ribeyes for 10 bucks a pound right now. I cut them and vacuum seal them. Most of the ones lately have been bone in at 8 bucks a pound..
$7.99 a pound.
$8.99 seasoned.

/ omaha Steaks #24  
Plus if you order from Omaha Steaks, you’ll be stuck with the styrofoam shipping container in your basement for the rest of your life…….
We send those home with the kids with leftovers after holiday meals.Our styrofoam coolers come with the online veterinary medicine orders.

/ omaha Steaks #26  
Lowrys looks promising for sure.
Yep. It's a local butcher shop/small grocery store about 15 minutes north of us. Pretty good sales fairly often. Sometimes there are 30 people in line in front of us! There's usually 15-20 people behind the counter. Good selection of frozen sea food, too.

Wife and I usually buy 40# of chicken breasts, 10# of fish, 10# of salmon every few months. We get beef from friends of ours.

/ omaha Steaks #27  
Buy Local and support your economy - the owner might be your neighbor.

This is so true.

The guy who farms our land also has beef grazing on his property that he processes and sells.

Maybe it’s only psychological, but his beef seems to taste so much better than anything at stores. Price is also significantly less.

/ omaha Steaks #28  
This is so true.

The guy who farms our land also has beef grazing on his property that he processes and sells.

Maybe it’s only psychological, but his beef seems to taste so much better than anything at stores. Price is also significantly less.
It’s not psychological. I raise a few steers every couple of years for freezer beef. It’s much better than store bought, especially burger. Consider that most home/small farm raised beef are maybe 18+ months at time of slaughter and fed grass and often are grained for the last 3-4 months. Store bought burger could be anything. I suspect that most store burger is made from old dry cows. Steaks are harder to disguise, therefore more likely to be young steer.

/ omaha Steaks #29  
Yep. It's a local butcher shop/small grocery store about 15 minutes north of us. Pretty good sales fairly often. Sometimes there are 30 people in line in front of us! There's usually 15-20 people behind the counter. Good selection of frozen sea food, too.

Wife and I usually buy 40# of chicken breasts, 10# of fish, 10# of salmon every few months. We get beef from friends of ours.
We are so lucky to live near the coast in SC and get straight off the boat shrimp, crabs and fish. Also get one of my favorite things in the world, oysters. SC oysters are second to none in my opinion. And I like everyone I've ever eaten with the exception of gulf oysters, which I don't care for.

/ omaha Steaks #30  
I have no idea why Omaha Steaks is so popular. Their meat is just not that good. Give me local beef any day of the week and a roast on Sunday.
It's one of those gift items for people who are either hard to buy for or you have no idea what they'd like. Every year my sister gives us a 3 month subscription to one of those "bread of the month" outfits. Interesting breads, good for the most part, but nothing I'd pay that kind of money for.

We're a long way from cattle country, not much "local" beef to be had, or at least that I'm aware of. We had a neighbor who raised beef cattle when we first moved here, but he's no longer with us.