Old Tractor Seat Barstools

/ Old Tractor Seat Barstools #1  

ryan172001

Tractor
1930 John Deer Standard
Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 8.38.27 PM.png

I am currently undertaking a project to construct 4 barstools all centred around old tractor seats. So far I have this first current design which involves the use of welded up lengths of chain, this is because I have a lot of this old chain and intend to use it on this project. The base is going to be made of laminated wood and a steel plate will attach to this to then support the welded chain. The sizes on this sketchup design are all made to suit the table that they will be sat around.

However I am seeking some further advise from anyone who can help with information around a more suitable swivel devise which I want to be in place aswell as any other advice around strength, stability, ergonomics different design ideas that could look good aswell as any general advice or ideas.

ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 9.23.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 9.23.22 PM.png
    309 KB · Views: 359
   / Old Tractor Seat Barstools #2  
Just a thought for the base, would a large 20-22" used disc work and look good ? B

/ Old Tractor Seat Barstools #3  
There websites like youtube offer good ideas.

/ Old Tractor Seat Barstools #4  
I saw one somewhere with a car spring for the pestal.

/ Old Tractor Seat Barstools #5  
I am currently undertaking a project to construct 4 barstools all centred around old tractor seats. So far I have this first current design which involves the use of welded up lengths of chain, this is because I have a lot of this old chain and intend to use it on this project. The base is going to be made of laminated wood and a steel plate will attach to this to then support the welded chain. The sizes on this sketchup design are all made to suit the table that they will be sat around.

However I am seeking some further advise from anyone who can help with information around a more suitable swivel devise which I want to be in place aswell as any other advice around strength, stability, ergonomics different design ideas that could look good aswell as any general advice or ideas.

ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED

If you click this image search link you will see many different design ideas: Old Tractor Seat Barstools at DuckDuckGo

/ Old Tractor Seat Barstools #7  
The bottom looks a little "clunky" to me. Could you do a tri-pod for the legs with the chains and have the bottom link of each chain flat for support? Then in the middle you could weld a chain flat across for a foot support. You are obviously better at cad than me you could draw up a quick sketch and see if that would work visually.

Curt

/ Old Tractor Seat Barstools #8  
I enjoy this kind of art also. This table is in the making. Pintrest is a good source for ideas.

IIzLckHxRH2kNh0mgOR3Pg.jpg

/ Old Tractor Seat Barstools #10  
Gives it good ballast, you wouldn't want it falling over and spilling your coffee.