Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #21  
I have a Novatractor Flail. MFZ-155. We call it the park maker. The 3 pound hammers look a bit like metal bear claws and they wreck stuff :) I don't mow lawn, I mow weeds and brush, sticks, pine cones. It turns rough overgrown areas into mulched up useable areas like magic. The main unit is built in China, but it uses Comer transmission and SKF bearings, so the main moving parts are quality.

The hammers. This is why I picked Novatractor over anything else.
Well, not sure about bearing brand. I lost the roller on my Nova flail and just ordered some replacement 2 flange bearings. You can see that the bearing seized and broke the cast holder and yanked the stub out of the roller. Hopefully, lesson learned and I’ll remember to lift and spin the roller before use.

UCFL207 Cast Iron Oval Flange Bore Size 35mm

Attachments

• IMG_0747.jpeg
    IMG_0747.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0749.jpeg
    IMG_0749.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0748.jpeg
    IMG_0748.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0750.jpeg
    IMG_0750.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 57
   / Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #23  
I grease the snot out of those bearings on my flail mower, pretty much every 4 hours.
Grease before use, yep. Losing the bearing was a oh poo, losing the stub shaft is an O ****, Hard part is gonna be welding it back in straight. Luckily, I know a guy with a big enough lathe.

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #24  
Well, not sure about bearing brand. I lost the roller on my Nova flail and just ordered some replacement 2 flange bearings. You can see that the bearing seized and broke the cast holder and yanked the stub out of the roller. Hopefully, lesson learned and I’ll remember to lift and spin the roller before use.

UCFL207 Cast Iron Oval Flange Bore Size 35mm
Just give them a call or email them, I m sure they are willing to help you fix it.

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #25  
The international business is so common in this age, the money is always flowing to where will make more money. The more complicated the product is, the more difficult to find something is 100% made somewhere.

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #26  
Just give them a call or email them, I m sure they are willing to help you fix it.
Their online parts listings could be better. Price wise, their bearings were $55.00 each, I picked mine up for $23.47 each. Surely we can all appreciate saving when we can.
Last time I needed blades they were helpful and pricing was pretty good.

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #27  
Added bonus, I was contacted by Nova tractor asking if I needed any parts support to get my mower repaired. Turns out I purchased this mower in 2018. 5 years of use on a bearing isn’t too shabby especially since its been on the front of my skidsteer and behind the tractor.

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #28  
Got the roller pieces welded back together today. Nova tractor suggested adding some diagonal bracing so we did.

Attachments

• IMG_0754.jpeg
    IMG_0754.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 56
   / Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #29  
FYI, I wrote to Nova Tractor about their MFZ135 & MFZ155 model flail mowers. They said they were not going to restock them this year.

Red flag on the field?

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #30  
FYI, I wrote to Nova Tractor about their MFZ135 & MFZ155 model flail mowers. They said they were not going to restock them this year.

Red flag on the field?
As I think about it, I think I ran into a similar thing, though I was later in the season. But they said they would have more by spring, and since I didn't need it till then I decided to wait, and sure enough, I had a mower before I needed it. Your situation may be different, but I was able to wait.