Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #12  
The guts are Italian. It is pretty clear in their website. So the German engineers are using Italian parts and Chinese labor? These are not Chinese designs or Chinese parts. To me, it is no different than most US brands that say made in USA, but are assembled elsewhere.

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #13  
you are confusing Made in USA with Designed in USA

Nova Flail is designed in Germany, and Made in China (nothing wrong with that as long as you know it)

According to the Federal Trade Commission, “Made in USA” means that “all or virtually all” the product has been made in America. That is, all significant parts, processing and labor that go into the product must be of U.S. origin.

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #14  
you are confusing Made in USA with Designed in USA

Nova Flail is designed in Germany, and Made in China (nothing wrong with that as long as you know it)

So, using that standard there is no such thing as a made in USA car or tractor.

If the guts of the device is made in Italy, I'm better with that. My point all along is that Betstco and Nova are not the same that way.

I don't like buying Chinese stuff, but it is hard to avoid unless you have deep pockets. My new UTV is Chinese made, but assembled in Texas. The only more domestic version was more than 2X the price. I don't mind paying a little more, but it is too big a difference. For flail mowers, the US just isn't the leader.

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #15  
I have a Novatractor Flail. MFZ-155. We call it the park maker. The 3 pound hammers look a bit like metal bear claws and they wreck stuff :) I don't mow lawn, I mow weeds and brush, sticks, pine cones. It turns rough overgrown areas into mulched up useable areas like magic. The main unit is built in China, but it uses Comer transmission and SKF bearings, so the main moving parts are quality.

The hammers. This is why I picked Novatractor over anything else.
1694671739232.png

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail
So, using that standard there is no such thing as a made in USA car or tractor.

If the guts of the device is made in Italy, I'm better with that. My point all along is that Betstco and Nova are not the same that way.

I don't like buying Chinese stuff, but it is hard to avoid unless you have deep pockets. My new UTV is Chinese made, but assembled in Texas. The only more domestic version was more than 2X the price. I don't mind paying a little more, but it is too big a difference. For flail mowers, the US just isn't the leader.
I think you're missing the point. This is designed in Germany but made on China from components made from various places. That doesn't make it made in Germany. Designed in Germany? Yes. But it was made in China. You can say the transmission was made or assembled in Italy, assuming the transmission is actually made or assembled in Italy. But that suddenly doesn't make this an Italian made piece of equipment.

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #17  
I think you're missing the point. This is designed in Germany but made on China from components made from various places. That doesn't make it made in Germany. Designed in Germany? Yes. But it was made in China. You can say the transmission was made or assembled in Italy, assuming the transmission is actually made or assembled in Italy. But that suddenly doesn't make this an Italian made piece of equipment.
Not at all. Assembled in China is no more 'made in China' than assembled in USA is 'made in USA'. What I don't want is a knock of Chinese copy of a western design that has inferior materials And inferior design. This is the actual western design made by the western company in China using western transmission and bearings. People call a Tundra a Japanese truck, but it is made here in Texas and uses more parts from the US than other 'domestic' brands. It is still considered 'Japanese'. Using that same logic, the Bowell (Nova) is a German flail. Where it is assembled is much less important to me. Would I rather it never involved China? Sure. For 1/3 the price of some others...I'll take it.

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #19  
I have a Betsco ditch bank flail mower FHM-AGL165, and parts been REALLY easy to access vs a flail mower from palletforks.com. They won't even get you consumer parts, if you're willing to service it yourself (Which I have to anyway in the field if stuf breaks, and you KNOW it will) So not really a problem for me.

/ Nova Tractor vs Betstco Flail #20  
hopeless, I guess facts really don't matter anymore lol
They must not, for y'all. When JD makes tractors in Mexico or China are they Mexican and Chinese tractors or American tractors assembled overseas? The exact same thing applies here. A German company uses assembly plants in China with Italian mechanisms. They aren't Chinese anymore than JD is Chinese.

When my TYM was assembled in the US it didn't magically become a US tractor. It's a Korean tractor assembled in the US.