No till planters

/ No till planters #11  
To me that sounds more like strip tillage.
Depending upon what type of ground cover plant is on a field and how much is a deciding factor in our no till programs.
Almost all of our corn fields get rye sowed as a cover crop in the fall, if it's fairly short often it get's roundup'ed
and planted a few days later. If it is later in the spring and the rye is up tall enough to be worth cutting and chopping
as a "haylage" type we will do so then spray the stubble in a week then plant.
Some of the roundup ready corn can be seeded in right after the rye is removed and sprayed later after the corn is up.
But we aren't real fond of the roundup ready seed and it does cost more.
Always just called it no till. Whatever you call it it's planted right over the reminents of the last crop and sprayed with Roundup at some later point. If it's corn the nitrogen is applied with planting and of course fertilizer is bulk spread.

/ No till planters
Ah you must live near Columbia, TN or near Machester, TN. I was up near Portland off the I-65. I use a notched disc harrow. One can hear the rocks against the discs. It wasn't too bad with no added weight. In my area, tobacco was the cash crop and smokey barns. Then came the soy, corn and okra. I sure miss that area.
I live about an hour south from Columbia

/ No till planters #13  
I live about an hour south from Columbia
Nice, your near the stateline then. I drove down to Decatur, AL and bought my Yanmar YM2610 from Fredrick's down that way. Super nice country down the I-65 and around the I-840, the hills are beautiful too.

/ No till planters #14  
Of all the things I wish we did have in my area of SC rocks are not one of them. That area you live in is a beutiful part of the US.

/ No till planters
Nice, your near the stateline then. I drove down to Decatur, AL and bought my Yanmar YM2610 from Fredrick's down that way. Super nice country down the I-65 and around the I-840, the hills are beautiful too.
We actually bought our mahindra roxor from Fredrick’s in decatur