No steering joint boot available.

/ No steering joint boot available. #21  

/ No steering joint boot available. #22  
I have a boot cracked wide open on one of the inner ball joints on my BX2380. I can find the part in Kubota's diagrams but guess what? Instead of being able to replace a $10 boot, the best that can be done is a complete ball joint replacement. Other than that it's replace the entire tie rod.
Not a very practical solution in my opinion but there's really no other choice. Either buy the $34 part now or just use the tractor until the joint goes bad from dirt, water, etc. intrusion and then replace it. Kind of leaning toward that. The tractor doesn't get any severe duty use.
I contacted Messick via their website today thinking that I'd hear back from them in a day or two because of the holiday. A half hour later I had a reply from Jared in Parts. They didn't have one in stock but he gave me the part number and a pretty lengthy list of dealers that showed the part in stock on the computer. Very class act.

View attachment 704808
here is the replacement boots page www.bxtractorparts.com

/ No steering joint boot available. #23  
I'd run across this site (referred via this forum) when trying to find replacement boots for my NX: couldn't find a size that would work so I'm just letting it go and will replace the end when it fails.

Polyurethane Dust Boots

/ No steering joint boot available. #24  
I have a boot cracked wide open on one of the inner ball joints on my BX2380. I can find the part in Kubota's diagrams but guess what? Instead of being able to replace a $10 boot, the best that can be done is a complete ball joint replacement. Other than that it's replace the entire tie rod.
Not a very practical solution in my opinion but there's really no other choice. Either buy the $34 part now or just use the tractor until the joint goes bad from dirt, water, etc. intrusion and then replace it. Kind of leaning toward that. The tractor doesn't get any severe duty use.
I contacted Messick via their website today thinking that I'd hear back from them in a day or two because of the holiday. A half hour later I had a reply from Jared in Parts. They didn't have one in stock but he gave me the part number and a pretty lengthy list of dealers that showed the part in stock on the computer. Very class act.

View attachment 704808

View attachment 704808
These folks had replacements at one time,

/ No steering joint boot available. #25  
If you want to get fancy beyond the inner tube recommendation, Maybe look at auto shock boots like the ones used on Ranchero shocks. Maybe slice it any cover what you have.

/ No steering joint boot available. #26  

View attachment 704808
I wrapped mine with black stretch tape and then over wrapped it with electrical tape. It’s been holding for almost two years now. Did have to re-wrap once but otherwise it’s been a good inexpensive fix for me.

/ No steering joint boot available. #27  

View attachment 704808
Buy the entire rod, put it on the shelf. Us the tractor as long as the old rod will function, which may surprise you. Don't stress on the minor stuff.

/ No steering joint boot available.
Buy the entire rod, put it on the shelf. Us the tractor as long as the old rod will function, which may surprise you. Don't stress on the minor stuff.

No need for it. The tractor doesn't get any extreme service or hard use. I just had a pair of new boots delivered yesterday. I'll replace the bad one and have a spare on hand.
I appreciate all the suggestions but several posts ago I made it clear that I'd found a reasonable solution and acted upon it.

/ No steering joint boot available. #29  
Would `self amalgamating` tape over the bad boot hold, until new ones are available.
No. NO. Being raw rubber or nearly so, it needs to be protected by wrapping poly tape over it.

/ No steering joint boot available. #30  
No need for it. The tractor doesn't get any extreme service or hard use. I just had a pair of new boots delivered yesterday. I'll replace the bad one and have a spare on hand.
I appreciate all the suggestions but several posts ago I made it clear that I'd found a reasonable solution and acted upon it.
I recommend replacing both sides. Other side probably isn't far behind. I think the oem boots on my 1870 were cracked within the first year or so. I replaced them with the Bota Products boots. They are holding up well. I'll have to look tomorrow and make sure dealer didn't mess with them last week....