No More HTML?

/ No More HTML? #1  

Harv

Elite Member
California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission
Muhammad -

The 2 new forums, "Tractor Safety" and "Tractor Projects" are GREAT!!!. They fill the gap perfectly. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I'm a little confused about the "Tractor Photos" forum. I haven't actually tried it yet, but exactly how is this different from the normal "Attachment" mechanism that's already in place?

And lastly -- No more HTML?
cry.gif

Was somebody (I shall remain nameless) abusing the privilege?
No more "active" links?
No more quick-links to other posts?

I know that the above can be accomplished after a fashion with with the "URL" markup tag you provide, but it's so much more unreadable than active links.

Then again, if I was the only one using the HTML feature, maybe I should just go to my room now and be good. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ No More HTML? #2  
<font color=blue>how is this different from the normal "Attachment" mechanism that's already in place?</font color=blue>

The attachment feature is the same, but that's where to post photos now... not in the brand-specific forums... basically to organize the photos that do get posted into one place.

<font color=blue>No more HTML?</font color=blue>

Right, just markup now.

<font color=blue>Was somebody (I shall remain nameless) abusing the privilege?</font color=blue>

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif No, but allowing HTML in the posts was too dangerous, meaning that people could do a number of things that wouldn't be any good for the forum, that we wouldn't even be able to see... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

<font color=blue>No more "active" links?</font color=blue>

Check the FAQ (waaaait... how did I do that? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif) to see how you can still make links like I just did... I assume that this is what you mean by 'Active' links?

msig.gif

/ No More HTML?
Muhammad -

There's just no way to think ahead of you, is there? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Your new "url= + title" markup tag is perfect. Keeps you in control while still allowing link nuts like myself to have fun. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

(BTW - I did use the term "active link" incorrectly, but you figured it out anyway. You're psychic, too? /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif)

The only other HTML I ever considered using was to post a table of some sort. But since the situation where I would want to do so hasn't come up yet, I guess it's not too important.

Thanks for all the improvements to an already first-rate message board.

HarvSig.gif

/ No More HTML? #4  
<font color=blue>I did use the term "active link" incorrectly</font color=blue>

Yeah, I didn't really know what you were talking about. Wild guess. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=blue>The only other HTML I ever considered using was to post a table of some sort</font color=blue>

As you saw the time I posted a table (that L2250 spec sheet), I just attached it as an HTML file. Easier that way, really.

msig.gif

/ No More HTML? #5  
Whatever you guys are talking about, we better have sophisticated picture stuff because I'm planning on investing all of my Bush tax cut into a fancy schmancy camera.

/ No More HTML? #7  
Geez guys I know I've been adding forums, but I didn't plan on adding a political discussion forum!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif

/ No More HTML? #8  
Andy the Unregistered,

That's a good question. If I'm not in the top 1%, I won't get anything from plutocrat Bush. If I'm not in the middle class, I won't get a targeted tax cut from focus-group Al.

What's Nader promising? Are any Communists running? I want my camera.

/ No More HTML? #9  
And we can VOTE tomorrow!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ No More HTML? #10  
Glenn- just go to freecamra.com I here they are giving them away, you just have to give them your vote. Im just not sure what they will do with it? Maybe wait till 5PM on nov. 7 th and sell it to the highest bider??
Rich