New trailer discussion & ideas

/ New trailer discussion & ideas #11  
Well I guess carrying a backhoe is out.I have a 2500 Chevy and do not want a 5th wheel hitch in my bed for the amt I would be needing to move a backhoe.Would probably remove the FEL whenever carrying tractor & brush hog.Thanks
It would not be a 5th wheel hitch, it would be a gooseneck hitch.

This goes under the bed, bolts to existing holes in the frame.
attachment.php

When not using it, this is the ball turned over, giving full access to the bed. you can slide a sheet of plywood right over it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• under_bed_gooseneck.115124734_std.jpg
    under_bed_gooseneck.115124734_std.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 777
  • Gooseneck_Hitch_1.jpg
    Gooseneck_Hitch_1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 836
   / New trailer discussion & ideas #14  
a ford 555 or 655 and you want to trailer it 10 miles down the road. huh? those tractors are made to run down the road. they have a road gear. there is a good amount of tractors that have a road gear. in US max speed is 25 mph for ag equipment. make sure your brake / tail lights work along with a turn single, and toss a triangle / slow motion unit on it and driver down the road.

/ New trailer discussion & ideas
I guess I was trying to get by with 1 trailer to do it all,but I guess it can't happen.My truck is not heavy enough to tow full size hoe.Plus I do not need a 14-16k trailer to haul a zero turn mower.

/ New trailer discussion & ideas #16  
Being a builder of custom trailers I agree with this. I will also add that one can generally buy a used trailer for less money than just the steel would cost to build it.

since you are a builder of custom trailers maybe you could give me some input on an idea I have. I would like a trailer with a roll back like is on a wrecker, as a matter of fact have looked at buying a rollback bed and mounting it on a trailer whats your thoughts? and the title did say New trailer discussion and ideas.

/ New trailer discussion & ideas #17  
since you are a builder of custom trailers maybe you could give me some input on an idea I have. I would like a trailer with a roll back like is on a wrecker, as a matter of fact have looked at buying a rollback bed and mounting it on a trailer whats your thoughts? and the title did say New trailer discussion and ideas.

Weberlane makes them already. Get one of their roll-off trailers and the flatbed to go with it

Weberlane.com

/ New trailer discussion & ideas #18  

Here are two others that make rollback trailers ready to go.

Easy Loading Trailers

Rollback Trailers, Tilt Trailers & Heavy Car Haulers in Texas | Kwik Load Trailers

There are also some that make drop decks so the deck lowers to the ground for flat loading, then there is also gravity tilt and various dumps. The ones I linked to above are for cars and light equipment.

/ New trailer discussion & ideas #19  
Here is what I use. It's a 10 k 20' that weighs about 2300#. Each Axel is good for 5200# so I should be good for a little over 8000# of payload if properly loaded & hitched. As long as truck is capable. And the tongue tool box is very handy.

image-2118628713.jpg