Buying Advice New tractor purchase.

/ New tractor purchase. #11  
Yes. They still list the 75B on the web site as coming with the 3550. But you are correct. I went to order mine and they said the new ones come with the 65B. I ran one of the 65Bs on a different tractor they had on the lot. Nice little backhoe, but I looked up the specs on the 75B and I didn't want one that was less than that. So I told my dealer I really wanted an 85B. Or a 595. If they could find me one. They said not a good idea because of warranty issues. I said I want a 75B then. I will not take a 65B. He found me a brand new 75B at another dealer, and said he would go and pick it up. Will still be under warranty because they sold the 75B with that tractor. I really don't know why they are switching to the 65B. I have not read about any complaints of the 75B creating a problem. Were they tearing the tractors up? I highly doubt it. This is a heavy, 49.5 hp tractor. Should handle that size backhoe no problem. Is the reason just that they will make a better profit this way? I don't know. But I almost didn't go with this tractor because I really would have liked the 85B or the 595. The 85B is more powerful, and the 595 was even a little more powerful. It was a tough decision. I almost went with a Kubota L45. Used one of course, but you can not buy them with Ag tires. I really want Ag tires for the woods and some field work I want to do. I have had the R-4s on a couple of tractors and TLBs before. And most of the time they are good, until you get into deeper snow or you get into mud. Then they just do not have the bite that the Ag tires have. I also pull a York rake behind for finishing areas off, and trail work. When things are getting muddy, the R1s do much better.

Good deal. I'm going to attempt to do the same with my dealer. He said they have some 75Bs on the lot (I assume on other tractors) so I'm going to see if he'll give me one of those instead. If he can't do it then I may end up not purchasing the backhoe and just go directly to Bradco and buy the 509 or 511. I need the reach...

/ New tractor purchase.
I don't think I have ever seen Ag tires on dedicated backhoes, likely due to the loads/uses -- the Ag tires aren't rated for the same loads and are not as puncture resistant as R4 tires, so I imagine they aren't something most backhoe users would want on construction sites/etc. The same issues probably apply to larger tractor/hoe combinations. For smaller tractor/hoe combinations Ag tires are probably fine.

Well. I hope these Ag tires won't be a problem for me with the weight of tractor, loader, backhoe, and grapple or bucket with a load in it.

Do you or anyone else think that will be an issue?

/ New tractor purchase. #13  
audsp98

I'd hang that 511 on it and just not get stupid with it like I do, Check frame bolt torque often. 7-1/2' hoe really lacks reach.

/ New tractor purchase.
audsp98

I'd hang that 511 on it and just not get stupid with it like I do, Check frame bolt torque often. 7-1/2' hoe really lacks reach.

The 75B has a maximum dig depth of 116" or 9.66 feet. Reach from swing post is 153" or 12.75 feet. I am not as much worried about dig depth and reach as I am about power. Being able to break roots of stumps and pull stumps and rocks. I know it won't do what a TLB will. But I want to have as much power as I can and not void warranty. I considered going with a larger tractor buy you can not get HST or even a full power shuttle on them. And be in same budget range. When I can afford it I will rent a larger Excavator to pull the larger stumps. Maybe in the 33,000lb. size. I will just pull smaller ones with the tractor.

/ New tractor purchase. #15  
The 75B has a maximum dig depth of 116" or 9.66 feet. Reach from swing post is 153" or 12.75 feet. I am not as much worried about dig depth and reach as I am about power. Being able to break roots of stumps and pull stumps and rocks. I know it won't do what a TLB will. But I want to have as much power as I can and not void warranty. I considered going with a larger tractor buy you can not get HST or even a full power shuttle on them. And be in same budget range. When I can afford it I will rent a larger Excavator to pull the larger stumps. Maybe in the 33,000lb. size. I will just pull smaller ones with the tractor.

Yeah. The 65B loses about 2 ft of reach and 2000 of breakout force. I can get that performance from just about every other brand of tractor. The 75B performance set the Mahindra backhoe apart.

/ New tractor purchase.
Well I had the dealership order my new Mahindra 3550HST two weeks ago. They said it would probably take 2 to 2-1/2 weeks for it to get there and a little time for them to get it all ready to go. They were expecting it in sometime this week. I have been without a machine for over 3 weeks now. :eek: I think this is longest I have been without one in about 10 years. LOL The waiting is slowly getting to me. But I have found plenty of other things to do. Firewood for next year has begun, and I have some logs piled that I can start cutting up on my days off. It sure would be nice to have that tractor with the grapple to pick those logs up with though!

/ New tractor purchase.
I've put 19 hours on the tractor so far. Moving snow, grappling logs to be blocked up for next seasons firewood, and pushing downed trees and brush off the logging trails.
IMG_2709.JPG
IMG_2696.JPG

/ New tractor purchase.
Up to 250 hours now. Have had several hydraulic leaks, an electrical issue, an occasional hydraulic "bogging down power issue", and worst of all my transmission stopped going into low gear. UGH!

The dealership has been good and either fixed my tractor at my place or came and got it and took it to their shop to fix it. But I'm getting tired of have problems with a brand new tractor.

They currently have it again to fix that transmission low gear problem, a hydraulic leak, and hydraulic bogging down problem.

When all is working right the tractor really is a work horse, but when I can't get a project done because of one issue or another it is very frustrating.

/ New tractor purchase. #19  
Sounds like you ignored your gut. I've done that many times. Sometimes you get away with it but when you don't it doesn't sit well.

My course of action would be to get out of the "bad decision" even if it cost some money upfront and consider it money well spent. Life is short and this problem tractor has the potential to get worse.

:2cents:

/ New tractor purchase.
Sounds like you ignored your gut. I've done that many times. Sometimes you get away with it but when you don't it doesn't sit well.

My course of action would be to get out of the "bad decision" even if it cost some money upfront and consider it money well spent. Life is short and this problem tractor has the potential to get worse.

:2cents:

I have/am considering that. I don't know if the dealer would do anything for me or not. If I have any options. ? It's frustrating though.

When everything is working right it's production is very good. I really like the side by side hydrostatic pedals with the Ag tires. Good power for what I do using bucket and grapple up front. The 75B backhoe has been very good.