New Toolcat Purchase

/ New Toolcat Purchase #31  
Kinda thinking i may be expecting too much from the loader comparing to my ctl. Its an incredibly useful looking machine but my needs may out way its ability given i would need a replacement for the ctl being it would have to be sold to get the toolcat. I have a tv 1100 i bought new in 2012 and it doesnt have 600hr, hate to have $70k plus machine like that. The rtv is great when its cold but i usually opt for a 4 wheeler when doing something.

/ New Toolcat Purchase #32  
the Toolcats ability to dig solid ground compared to a skidsteer I would say 60%, it can lift the full bucket but digging straight in not s even with a toothed bucket that being said mine was not purchased to dig dirt, I clear snow with Vee blade, snowblower, move gravel and spread on driveway, use forks and grapple to clean up and move stuff around.

it does dig better than the tractor with FEL, I can use it with a passenger and when mowing its cool and winter warm inside, the best part you never climb over the attachment to get into it

mine is 2020 model 300 plus hours and easily worth more than what I paid for it, not often I could make that type of deal on used equipment.

/ New Toolcat Purchase #33  
Kinda thinking i may be expecting too much from the loader comparing to my ctl. Its an incredibly useful looking machine but my needs may out way its ability given i would need a replacement for the ctl being it would have to be sold to get the toolcat. I have a tv 1100 i bought new in 2012 and it doesnt have 600hr, hate to have $70k plus machine like that. The rtv is great when its cold but i usually opt for a 4 wheeler when doing something.

The toolcat barley weigh half as much as your 75CTL does. I’ve never operated a toolcat but you’re going to be sorely disappointed if that’s the baseline for comparison. Even if they were rated closer to equal the wheels are big disadvantage vs tracks.

/ New Toolcat Purchase #34  
Here is the F Series we had with the 6 foot wide, 1 cubic yard toothed Versahandler bucket that weighs 818 pounds:

P7280002.JPG
P7280012c .jpg

In the clay:

P5210001.JPG
P5210002.JPG

Easily lifted twice the 1500 pound lift rating (ROC).

P7080023.JPG

Last edited:
   / New Toolcat Purchase
So looks like it will be about 2 months before the ToolCat will arrive.

Dealer said they would have a more locked down time in the next week or so.

Going to be a long 2 months, but already started ordering new shiny things for the machine!

/ New Toolcat Purchase
So stopped by the dealer today for a few items and an update.

The computer still isn’t even showing a build date yet which isn’t a good sign.

He was going to call around to some of the other dealers in the area to see if any have a stock order in for a UW53 with a delivery date and see if he can swap an excavator or other piece of equipment.

The UW53 pretty much comes fully loaded with the exception of turf tires and the wider fenders. So if one is available with R4’s, I can always change tires later if I wanted to speed things along. Might even see if I can find some R14’s and rims to fit it if possible.

Let’s see how this unfolds….

/ New Toolcat Purchase #37  
before Covid I waited a few months finally dealer pulled one from another location, I had regular tires on it after a year picked up a set of turf tires with rims, tried them out and never went back, I gained a 1nch or so ground clearance never changed the fenders

/ New Toolcat Purchase
So still don't have a build date or any indication from Bobcat on when the machine will be available.

The dealer checked around and doesn't look like there are any confirmed deliveries with dates at this point for anyone with a stock machine order or customer order.

Just saw a YouTube video of a UW53 just delivered down in North Carolina, but called them this morning and its already spoken for. They do have a New UW56 available though.

/ New Toolcat Purchase #39  
drive past the dealer couple times a week, there is basically nothing in the yard for ne and only a few machines in used, last time I spoke with the sales guy he said they can not make stock purchases any orders have to be for customers,

figured it would be getting easier as time went by but seems not much has changed other than prices are going up

/ New Toolcat Purchase
Interesting!

Thats how my dealer has been up until the end of last year.

You drive by now and the yard is stocked with Excavators, Skid Steers, UTV's, Telehandlers, Compact tractors, articulated loaders and attachment galore.

They did get 2 new UW56 units in just before the holidays and I was able to sit in one and fire it up inside the shop.

Now I must wait I guess, and I am not very good at waiting!