New SXS

/ New SXS #21  
Do they come with a box of rice? I tell people, never take the cover off a late model Lincoln welder because they will be shocked with what they see inside.... Made by One-hung-loe....lol
I wouldn't care so much if China's govt wasn't so directly tied to all of their businesses. Of they just let their economy compete on its own, things would be better.

Too many people here are more worried about the nameplate and don't realize that most things they assume are made in US/Canada are not nearly the way they assume. At least with Japanese/Korean stuff in the post WWII era, it wasn't the govt that was driving their competitiveness.

Oddly enough, the groups that typically complain the most about imports are the same ones that drove manufacturers out of the domestic market.

/ New SXS #22  
I wouldn't care so much if China's govt wasn't so directly tied to all of their businesses.
That is how it plays with Communism, always has. The Chinese government controls all and with an iron fist as well.

Like the EV's made there, the builder is a government sub.

/ New SXS #23  
That is how it plays with Communism, always has. The Chinese government controls all and with an iron fist as well.

Like the EV's made there, the builder is a government sub.
We are so blessed our government is not mandating things like EVs….oh…bad example.

/ New SXS #25  
they all have Polaris and Can Am 1000's and the RTV just isn't fast enough for long distance rides with those people.

I'll probably have to get a rear window, everyone says I will get dusted without one?

WHY you want to go on rides? To enjoy the wildlife, the scenery? Or to race? That seems to be the questions to me.

Most times I REFUSE to go out with people I know (most with RZRs and Can-am Mavericks) because their idea of a good ride is to drive as fast as possible over rough terrain. Pretend they are in the Baja 1000 or other off-road race. They don't care about the scenery or that herd of elk they just blew by. Me - I ride to see what's out there. Couple days ago I spent 8 hours in my Can-am Defender. 46.4 miles for the day...and hundreds of pictures.

As far as whether you need a rear window...ever drive an SUV or something similar down a dusty dirt road? The rear of the vehicle gets covered in dust because there's a suction created at the back of the vehicle when it is moving. If you don't have a rear window in the side by side all that dust will be sucked into the cab area.

But if you are on a group ride that doesn't matter anyway because unless you are the lead machine you will be dusted out by everyone ahead of you. I see people wearing all sorts of dust masks and goggles - even helmets with air filtering systems - so they are not breathing dirt.

Group ride:
Frontier500-1 16Oct82.jpg

/ New SXS
In response to a few points made here.....yes it's a Chinese company. I'm not a fan of that, but as has been said here....look on all your good old American made stuff, including Harley Davidson and you will find lots of "made in China" stamps. So one way or another, you are supporting them whether you believe it or not. It's just the way it is.

I can also live with supporting them when all the American made companies like Polaris and can Am are blatantly ripping me off, LOL

And I LOVE trail riding in my diesel RTV-X1100C at 25 MPH with the heat or air conditioning on. I get to see all kinds of moose, deer and bears when I'm out in it. And it does everything I need.

Where it falls short is when I go out with my friends, no we don't go 60 plus MPH like a lot of the idiots on the trails, there are rides we do that are up to 100 miles with some long road sections connecting trails. It would take forever to get there at 25 MPH in the Kubota, LOL

I will never not have my RTV. Just that the price was right on this thing to plunk down cash and have a little bit quicker ride to replace my tired Polaris Sportsman.

So if it's good I will let you know, and if it's bad I will let you know, LOL

/ New SXS
Forgot to add that CF Moto also has a partnership and builds engines for KTM motorcycles who has dominated everything from AMA enduro to motocross/supercross and Moto GP.

/ New SXS #28  
CF Moto seems more popular overseas but certainly a decent machine for the price.

We have 2 SxS's - this year I bought a little Kubota 520 RTV and love it for yard work, working our road and woods, and stuff like that. It is slow but has a lot of grunt in low for pulling stuff and working. We also have a Talon, heavily modified with comfort and rough trail performance. It is nice because I can jump on our 55 mph road and cruise with traffic to the backroads and trails we ride on. Mostly on the trail it never goes over 15mph, mostly far less. More into crawling and working our way through the trails and seeing whatever is in the woods that day. Taking a ride with a few friends is a fun way for my wife, dog, and I to spend a sunny Saturday now and then. Mostly hit a local campground restaurant or BBQ place for a late lunch then work our way back home.

/ New SXS
CF Moto seems more popular overseas but certainly a decent machine for the price.

We have 2 SxS's - this year I bought a little Kubota 520 RTV and love it for yard work, working our road and woods, and stuff like that. It is slow but has a lot of grunt in low for pulling stuff and working. We also have a Talon, heavily modified with comfort and rough trail performance. It is nice because I can jump on our 55 mph road and cruise with traffic to the backroads and trails we ride on. Mostly on the trail it never goes over 15mph, mostly far less. More into crawling and working our way through the trails and seeing whatever is in the woods that day. Taking a ride with a few friends is a fun way for my wife, dog, and I to spend a sunny Saturday now and then. Mostly hit a local campground restaurant or BBQ place for a late lunch then work our way back home.
Those Honda Talon's are sweet! I also looked at that and a 1000 Pioneer and both are $36,000 here.

Went and picked up my CF at dealer today. There was a new Polaris Ranger 1500 North Star in the showroom. $48,000!!! LOL

Didn't ride it much when I got home, but like it so far. Seats are vey nice, ride is good and seems peppy, but I haven't throttled on it yet.
The LED headlights are also more than sufficient in the dark.

/ New SXS #30  
Ouch! The prices of SxS's are getting insane.
Sounds like you made a good decision and will have a good machine.
If you get out riding and working at night we found a backup added to the rear is extremely handy for closing gates, to, well, backing up. Lol
ENJOY the new machine!