New snow

/ New snow #202  
mind you, i didnt build this. i purchased it.

there are a few holes in the blade and in the swings with a bar that swaps between the set of holes. one set holds it open. one set holds it closed.

plow latch.jpgplow left.jpgplow right.jpgplow swing.jpgplow swing 3.jpg

/ New snow #203  
   / New snow #204  
The plow is a 96" HLA 2000 as you guessed. The side plates are something I made to help contain the snow. They work better than expected but I never knew until I took some videos. I couldn't really see how they worked from the seat in the tractor. I think they are 3/16" plate that I cut to suit and just made some spacers to fit between the plate and the ribs on the back of the plow. Then welded some bolts to the plates that just bolt to the plow. It takes a few minutes to put them on or take them off. I've been thinking of making some sort of permanent mount so they just swing out of the way when I don't want to use the plow as a pusher.

Here are some pics.
View attachment 732273View attachment 732274View attachment 732275

Thanks for the detailed photos. It sure would have been nice if the rib was flush with the moldboard. I may try your solution, but I am a terrible welder.

/ New snow #205  
Thanks for the detailed photos. It sure would have been nice if the rib was flush with the moldboard. I may try your solution, but I am a terrible welder.
You don't have to weld anything if you don't want to. Just cut some pieces of pipe with the right size hole and feed the bolt through the pipe when you mount the side plates. It's just easier to have the piece of pipe and bolt welded onto the plate.

/ New snow
How are the members in the US north east coping with the storms?????

/ New snow #207  
Here is another, shorter, video of the inverted blower doing it's thing.

/ New snow #208  
How are the members in the US north east coping with the storms?????
Here in NE VT we got 14" of snow. It had a layer of slush on the bottom because of the 35* and rain first. But the snow was dry. So no problems. Further south they had some icing but not enough to make a big news event. The warnings were for a possible heavy icing. I plowed before it was over to get a layer of snow to stick to the slush as it froze. Then I cleaned up yesterday in the sun.

gg

/ New snow #209  
I plowed before it was over to get a layer of snow to stick to the slush as it froze. Then I cleaned up yesterday in the sun.

gg
Same here and traction good.

/ New snow #210  
I ended up with maybe a 4-5" total accumulation. The only problem was that the rain fell first and froze on the ground
then we got sleet which accumulated and then more rain and then sleet and snow.
The bottom 2 1/2" is ice and frozen sleet that you can walk on and not even leave a track in, even
the truck didn't bust through it just ran on top..
To get the over head doors to come free I had to chop a swath all the way along the doors as they were froze to the ground.
When plowing the FEL blade had to have considerable down pressure on it and the trip springs were bouncing all the time,
the back blade was scouring a 1/2" or so off with each pass so multiple passes to scrape it off. Took several hours to do the
1/4 mile driveway and a couple of times the tractor was actually spinning the tires with the chains on, that almost never happens.
But minimal icing on the trees and power lines so minimal effect from the storm.