New shop build, beginning stages with questions

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions #21  
I'd have done the same thing in your shoes. I added $500 to the cost with my bathroom.

Was you able to use home septic/water?

My shop is 400' from the house, and about 40' lower elevation. So cannot just tap House water/septic. And septics are outrageous cost wise as are tap fees for water. So I just step out back if I gotta take a leak, or run up to house for #2

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions #22  

My shop is 400' from the house, and about 40' lower elevation. So cannot just tap House water/septic. And septics are outrageous cost wise as are tap fees for water. So I just step out back if I gotta take a leak, or run up to house for #2

My existing shop has it's own septic and dumps in my hayfield. Water T'd into an existing line.

My new shop sits beside my new house, 50ft apart. Sewer exits shop and runs past house to a lagoon. House T'd in as it went by. Water same way.

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions #23  

400' is very doable for branching off water. For sewer, a small sewer pump up to your field is also doable. You can buy continuous 500' rolls of HDPE pipe for both your water and pumped sewer. This provides a leak free line with no joints.

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions #24  
400' is very doable for branching off water. For sewer, a small sewer pump up to your field is also doable. You can buy continuous 500' rolls of HDPE pipe for both your water and pumped sewer. This provides a leak free line with no joints.

Sure, anything is doable. But not cost effective or practical

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions
Still in a holding pattern somewhat, it won't stop raining... hard to work dirt when it's near liquid... I think it's rained 3" in the last week... Think I have the kit finalized, need to look into electrical and permitting, might put in for the kit to keep winter pricing in place but I think I only have a 6 month window for permitting or something.

Going to happen, I need a shop, I'm out of room and can't keep up with all my hobbies without the thing!

Gotta look what the permitting lady said about plumbing, a toilet and utility sink would go a long way in my world...

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions #26  

You sound like me...HOWEVER, I ALWAYS keep a half of a roll of TP in a 3 lb. Folgers coffee can...just in case....BobG in VA

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions #27  
I had to stop working for physical reason
Physically I am getting worse and my have to sell everything, too hard to take care of, real estate agent loves the place because a family owned business can down size and run there business out of here..... gets me that better nursing home:) we are not there yet, but we have the equity so we can pay cash for a nice house in town!
Truckdiagnostics, Probably really tough mentally to get rid of stuff but more importantly hopefully you stay healthy. Take care, Stanley

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions #28  
Still in a holding pattern somewhat, it won't stop raining... hard to work dirt when it's near liquid... I think it's rained 3" in the last week... Think I have the kit finalized, need to look into electrical and permitting, might put in for the kit to keep winter pricing in place but I think I only have a 6 month window for permitting or something.

Going to happen, I need a shop, I'm out of room and can't keep up with all my hobbies without the thing!

Gotta look what the permitting lady said about plumbing, a toilet and utility sink would go a long way in my world...

If I was building a shop here is what I would use for the gray water, grease trap with bleeder lines for drainage. For the toilet I would use a electric one. like in the link.
Official Home of the Electric Incinerating ToiletIncinolet.com

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions #29  
I just finished a 39x48x14. Heated slab. 4ftx10" footing. 6" floor. 2x6 stud on 2' C. Trusses every 4ft. 1ft eave overhang. 18" gable overhang. Panel liner ceiling. OSB wall liner. Batt wall insulation R19. Blown fiberglass ceiling R49. Conduit wiring. 200A service. LED 4ft ceiling lighting. 4 post lift. Two 12x12ft overheads. Two 36" walk-ins. Four 4x4 windows. 12'x8' bathroom containing sink, stool, floor heat hardware and air compressor.

Love the floor heat but as others have mentioned, takes diligent planning!!!! Friend of mine just finished a very large shop with one 4 post and three 2 post lifts. Drilled into two circuits of his floor heat setting the lifts. I'm using a Rinnai tankless water heater for source. Operates sinfully cheap.

Don't short yourself on lighting.

Don't short yourself on wiring of any kind.

Don't short yourself on insulation. Build a solid, tight building.

You'll get exactly what you invest into this building. Invest cheaply and you'll get a cheap building.

I have $42 per sq ft in my building.

View attachment 589160

Now you just need to add a lean to for that big yellow Ford TLB.

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions #30