New rules for ethanol in gasoline

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #91  
I've been buying E88 for my (newer) Jeeps for a few years. It's labeled for 2001 and newer (IIRC) and has been available at many stations in Indiana, Illinois and Iowa. The Jeep (2019) likes it. My local Casey's here in Iowa, has E88 and also sells straight gas (premium and no alcohol) for us to use, if needed. At least for now...

:)

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #92  
Sure it's not 88 octane E15 that you've been buying?

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #93  
The Casey's E88 fuel is confusing for some people because it is actually E15...15% ethanol.

Unleaded 88​

Casey's is proud to offer Unleaded 88, a blend of 15% ethanol and 85% gasoline, at select stores across our 16 states. Also known as E-15, Unleaded 88 is an environmentally friendly fuel approved by the EPA for use in vehicles 2001 and newer.

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #94  
   / New rules for ethanol in gasoline #95  
WOW! You blokes are screwed.

Fortunately our Aussie ethanol is cane sugar based, but even then we still have the option of paying 1 cent more per litre for 'straight' petrol... which I do pay for my ute, Z-turn and 2-stroke (prior to mixing).

Regarding the Ute, the 'mileage' is significantly better than the (up to 10%) ethanol blend and worth the cost.
Wish that was the case here. Cheapest difference here is at least 10 cents per litre and sometimes as much as 25 cents.

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #96  
No, but it’s blended with gas at refineries.
It's blended with gas at the truck terminal. That might be at or near the refinery. Around here, they are not. The nearest refinery is 80 miles away. There are truck terminals a tank farms in about every major town. This may not be your situation.

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #97  
Well - I guess I won't be driving the Taco Wagon back to Nebraska to visit relatives. Highlighted section under fuel in Owners Manual - "Use no fuel with greater than 10% alcohol". I wonder what folks with other than E-85 vehicles, that live in those states, are expected to do.

You know - it time for "us" to put a halt to all this government mandated crap. There must be a very good reason ( political ) that this has not been mandated in California.
Oosik,
They sell E10 in Nebraska. They aren't going to stop selling E10 in Nebraska. E10 makes up 90% of all gasoline sold in Nebraska. It isn't going anywhere.

Also, what year, make and model is your truck? What does the owner's manual say to use for fuel in that truck? Use that fuel it recommends.

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #98  
How many stations are going to install another storage tank? We already have five different types of fuel here at some of the stations. I was pleasantly surprised a couple of years back when I heard that Petrocan would have 94 octane. The closest Chevron with 94 is 25 miles away. I asked the local station about it because I use it in all my 2-stroke stuff. I was told that they had just recently remodeled all their storage equipment and wouldn't be carrying it for the foreseeable future.

/ New rules for ethanol in gasoline #100  
Because in all too many locations E0 is impossible to find! None available in my area until about 3 years ago. Now we have one station that has one pump with E0. It is the ONLY station carrying E0 within 130 that I know about. So if the stations decide to go to E15, what do we fuel our equipment with?
The Predator engine I bought maybe 8 years ago for my log splitter says it can use up to E15, as does a weed wacker I got a couple years ago. Older small engines, I'm not sure.
E0 is available here, but only 91 octane, and it's about $1/gal more expensive than regular. Fine for making up 2 stroke mix, but a bit pricey for everyday use, especially when most modern engines handle E10 just fine.
Some states are more restrictive about E0 than others. As was noted upthread, its primary use is an oxygenator. Maybe sale depends on EPA zones?