new ranger review?

/ new ranger review? #831  
The Ranger is built in USA. I bought it new in July 2021. It has 22,000 klm on it. It is the XLT High Lift model.

No kidding? I thought they were built in South Africa and Thailand, that's cool that it's imported from the States. I knew the ones sold here are made here, but I was unaware they were sent abroad.

1920px-2013_Ford_Ranger_%28PX%29_XLT_4WD_4-door_utility_%282015-07-09%29_01.jpg

This is what I thought I saw from behind, apparently it was released in 2011, and I saw a bunch of these- nice and new- in Afghanistan. It was my introduction to, what was known here as the World Ranger. Of course when I went browsing through my photos I only found the previous generation.

/ new ranger review?
I thought they built some in Mexico for the south American market and somewhere in the pacific ring.

/ new ranger review? #834  
Yes, I was thinking of my Mustang, sorry. Ranger is Taiwan.
All our F series used to be built in Mexico and were converted to RHD here in Aus.

/ new ranger review? #835  
That Falcon is Aussie designed and built, nothing like it here. Australia had a strong, independent, domestic auto industry for most of the last century; globalism killed it.

I'd guess his Ranger is around 2014, plus or minus a few years; I can't tell but it looks like the generation released around 2009.
Looks like a Ford Mondeo = Ford Contour in USA.

/ new ranger review? #838  
Just checking, Has anyone noticed when their "Change Engine Oil Soon" light comes on? Mine came on after 9 months and 10,000 miles. (Using full synthetic 5W30.)

/ new ranger review?
Ours has never came on. I asked the mechanic at our dealership who said "you should change it per mileage, I'd not trust that light"..

Last edited: