new ranger review?

/ new ranger review? #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
Folks, we are picking up a new Ford ranger xlt today and wondering if anyone cares to hear our impressions of it? We are replacing a 2017 Tacoma.

/ new ranger review? #2  
Sure we would! Initial impressions as well as long term reviews are always helpful. Replacing a 2017 Tacoma, those are big shoes to fill.

/ new ranger review?
Thanks, we'll do a review. We're be using it to tow our camper this weekend for its first outing... :) The Toyota was a let down. Shouldn't be hard, to be a step up!

Sure we would! Initial impressions as well as long term reviews are always helpful. Replacing a 2017 Tacoma, those are big shoes to fill.

/ new ranger review? #4  
Aren't the new Rangers four cylinders?Towing a camper?

/ new ranger review?
yes,, "Under the hood is a turbocharged 2.3-liter four-cylinder that makes 270 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque. A ten-speed automatic transmission is standard."

Aren't the new Rangers four cylinders?Towing a camper?

/ new ranger review? #6  
I would like to hear a review. I'm still driving my 1999 Ford Ranger. Been a great little truck.

/ new ranger review? #7  
There are campers, and then there are C A M P E R S. Wide range of lengths and weights. What are you pulling, and how was the Toyota a letdown?

/ new ranger review? #9  
Most of the reviews I've read, everyone loves the powertrain, but the chassis tuning is a mixed bag. Be curious to get your take. I should prolly just test drive one myself, to see first-hand...

/ new ranger review?
Toyota had "UPDATED" some things on it we could not appreciate. The 4wd button was the same size and right next to the fan control button. Which one did you just adjust? :confused3: Just above them was the emergency flasher button which would be turned on, as you reached for the the cab temp controls. Many of the interior control buttons were to small to be used with gloves on. The door mirrors moved to readily and every time you brushed snow off the truck, they moved. The cowling in front the the windshield was pushed down and a hole open between it the the windshield from scrapping snow off. Dealer did see this. What did I miss?? Oh yes, it was to hard to get in and out of low range. Here we use two set of wheels, one for winter with snows and another set with standard tires. We couldn't get the tire air pressure senors to work year around.

There are campers, and then there are C A M P E R S. Wide range of lengths and weights. What are you pulling, and how was the Toyota a letdown?