new ranger review?

/ new ranger review?
We can't afford to trade it in. We also love its operator comfort, utility, fuel mileage and towing ability. Why trade? :p

/ new ranger review? #842  
We can't afford to trade it in. We also love its operator comfort, utility, fuel mileage and towing ability. Why trade? :p

That is how my Nephew felt about his,
He said he could have waited and ordered/got the New model, but just liked the version of the older design Tremor Ranger.
We also thought Ford had the interior "just right" as well.
Front grille treatment on the new model is an improvement.? .

/ new ranger review? #843  
Ours has never came on. I asked the mechanic at our dealership who said "you should change it per mileage, I'd not trust that light"..
The owner's manual says every 7,500 miles to 10,000 miles if you are using synthetic oil.
What does your mechanic at the dealership recommend?

I went to a new oil change place and when I drove in I asked them where they change the oil filter for the Ranger. He Said passengers side front wheel well. Close enough, he got the job.

/ new ranger review? #845  
Never understood the mentality of trading in a perfectly good vehicle that you like just because it's a few years old. Any modern vehicle should easily go 150k or more with no serious issues if maintained properly.

Happened to be parked next to a fairly new Ranger the other day. Man, for a "mid sized" truck it was pretty big!! I liked the fact that the backup cam screen was well-integrated into the dash and not this huge gargoyle like so many have today.

/ new ranger review? #846  
Why trade? :p
Many improvements and updates? Of course there could be new model problems as well, although it's been out for a while now globally. Only you can justify if you should consider a new one or not but you like the one you have and it's working for you so unless you want the new features and a new truck probably not.

But for some looking at a new mid-size truck, and like Ford, they might be interested in the all new Ranger.
Some like to change every few years for the latest tech improvements, interior layout, suspension tweaks, whatever.
Some like to change with every generation and the current generation is essentially 10 years old now.

Others may not always like new, if it's working ok why change? I can be like this. For instance I traded a 2018 Ridgeline on a (same generation) 2023 model just because I was concerned that Honda may screw the next generation up more than improve it, in particular the transmission and 3.5 V6.
Anyway the thread is titled "New Ranger Review", the current version is about to cease production with the next generation Ranger starting production by early Summer.

/ new ranger review? #847  
Never understood the mentality of trading in a perfectly good vehicle that you like just because it's a few years old. Any modern vehicle should easily go 150k or more with no serious issues if maintained properly.
Exactly. My wife's car is the "new" one here, 2015. Other vehicles here are 1999, 2003 and 2008. Too much money gets wasted by "keeping up with the Joneses".

/ new ranger review? #848  
Exactly. My wife's car is the "new" one here, 2015. Other vehicles here are 1999, 2003 and 2008. Too much money gets wasted by "keeping up with the Joneses".
I don't know if it's so much keeping up with the Joneses as it is clinging to the antiquated notion that once a vehicle is 4-5 years old it's going to suddenly start falling apart. Yeah, 40 years ago 100k was high mileage, but today it's hardly broken in. Even here in the northeast where rust is what kills vehicles, 15 year old ones are still common.

I suppose if gadgetry matters to you Milo's points might apply. To me most of that stuff is clutter and/or just one more thing to break.

/ new ranger review? #849  
Everyone has their idea how best to spend their own money. Some lease or purchase a new vehicle every 2 years, others maybe every 3-5 when (or not long after) the warranty expires. Many argue that it's foolish to ever buy a new car or truck. I don't consider that people are wasting their money when making any of those choices. If you have the money enjoy it as you choose, you can't take it with you.

/ new ranger review?
Many improvements and updates? Of course there could be new model problems as well, although it's been out for a while now globally. Only you can justify if you should consider a new one or not but you like the one you have and it's working for you so unless you want the new features and a new truck probably not.

But for some looking at a new mid-size truck, and like Ford, they might be interested in the all new Ranger.
Some like to change every few years for the latest tech improvements, interior layout, suspension tweaks, whatever.
Some like to change with every generation and the current generation is essentially 10 years old now.

Others may not always like new, if it's working ok why change? I can be like this. For instance I traded a 2018 Ridgeline on a (same generation) 2023 model just because I was concerned that Honda may screw the next generation up more than improve it, in particular the transmission and 3.5 V6.
Anyway the thread is titled "New Ranger Review", the current version is about to cease production with the next generation Ranger starting production by early Summer.
I have not looked at whatever ford has updated on the rangers. Nonetheless, this 2019 version fills our needs and is dependable.