new ranger review?

/ new ranger review? #851  
Ours has never came on. I asked the mechanic at our dealership who said "you should change it per mileage, I'd not trust that light"..
Most vehicles are just programmed to come on after so many miles since the last reset. Many are set for 7500 miles these days, newer may be set at 10K.
IF you take it to get the oil and filter changed, they reset the "mileage reminder" I do it every time I change the oil and filter myself through the dash menu.

/ new ranger review? #852  
   / new ranger review? #853  
I'm not sure about the various cars, but some have pretty sophisticated oil life calculators. I had a Chevy Cobalt (very unsophisticated car) that I drove long distances, essentially all interstate. I always changed the oil before 10,000 miles but extrapolating from the calculator, it would have gone 15,000 to 17,000 between oil changes. Driving more locally, it would tend toward 10,000. My F-150 also seems to vary due to driving conditions but it seems to be aimed at 5,000 miles because of the turbo.

/ new ranger review? #854  
Why do the wider (F-series) trucks have extendable mirrors for towing and the narrower (Ranger) trucks not have them? I don't like having to strap on towing mirrors.

:)

Bruce

/ new ranger review? #855  
Why do the wider (F-series) trucks have extendable mirrors for towing and the narrower (Ranger) trucks not have them? I don't like having to strap on towing mirrors.

Bruce
I doubt Ford planned on Rangers doing big boy towing.

Not that Rangers are not capable trucks, I just don't think they were thought of as "tow trucks".

/ new ranger review?
Most vehicles are just programmed to come on after so many miles since the last reset. Many are set for 7500 miles these days, newer may be set at 10K.
IF you take it to get the oil and filter changed, they reset the "mileage reminder" I do it every time I change the oil and filter myself through the dash menu.
On the latest, greatest ranger's they have some app in it that that suppose to tell you when to change while monitering the engines output, outside temp etc, etc.

/ new ranger review? #857  

Bruce

I would guess because MFG's don't want you trying to tow something outside the capabilities of the vehicle?

/ new ranger review? #858  
I'm towing a little trailer around 1/3 of the tow capacity, but wide enough I need wider mirrors.

Bruce

/ new ranger review?
Winter remains here. Those are snow tires on winter rims seen here.
P1150353.jpg