New owner

/ New owner #1  

Lowridin67

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT180D
So, I got my first tractor. I found a Mitsubishi MT180D for what I thought was a good deal. It is an 18.5 HP 3 cyl diesel, 4WD, manual trans. It came with a 4' box scraper and I "stole" a 60" Bush Hog for $150. The Bush Hog is a little heavy and I want to add some ballast to the front. What is a good source for ballast?
I've been looking for a used FEL, but not sure what will be compatible. I am an engineer and fabricator, so I'm not afraid to have to modify something. But I haven't had the chance to look at a compact with one to see how they attach.
I've been thinking about making an attachment to have a quick release for the 3 point and incorporate a ball to be able to move my boat, car trailer and chicken coup around. Before I do, does anyone know of one I can just purchase?
Thanks for your help.

/ New owner #3  
Welcome to TBN and I hope you find your answers

/ New owner #4  
Quick Google Search for a FEL on your tractor found this:

/ New owner #5  
Welcome to TBN.

Over the years TBN'ers have come with good ideas...use SEARCH and kick back.

/ New owner #6  
If you proceed with adding the fel you can skip the front weights. I had to add 200 lbs of suitcase weights to my first non fel equipped tractor to keep the front end down when using most rear implements.
Enjoy your tractor!

/ New owner #8  
Had a Mitsubishi MT20D. Great tractor and would do anything for its size. Started out with a 4' brush hog , was perfect. Tried a 5'. Would handle everything and like yours was a bit heavy. Decided to stick with the 4'er . Didnt want to break the tractor. Maybe too much torque if it hit something. Make sure you run a PTO with a clutch on it. Too hard to get replacement parts for. Easy one to trade a 5' for a 4' one for.

/ New owner #9