New owner! T-700

/ New owner! T-700 #1  

nc_coyote

Tractor
1974 Ford 7000
I recently got delivery of my new TYM T-700. I bought it through Billy Smith - Smith's Enterprise out of Salemburg, NC. He's my nearest dealer at a little over 200 miles away, but he made the whole deal as comfortable as if he were 5 minutes down the road.

As for the tractor, I've only had a little time this past Sunday to try it out, but was impressed that it seems to handle my heavy lift-type rotary mower as well - if not even better than - my old Ford 7000!

Thank you guys for the input... I was very leary to leave my familiar 'big brand' names with my new purchase. Time will of course tell, but so far I'm turning cartwheels.

Attachments

• T-700 b.JPG
    T-700 b.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 368
  • T-700 c.JPG
    T-700 c.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 270
  • T-700 first use2.JPG
    T-700 first use2.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 356
   / New owner! T-700 #2  
Looks sweet. I'm jealous. Congrats and great pics!
Pete

/ New owner! T-700 #3  
Hi Larry
Got your pictures looks nice good luck with it. that looks like a big field how much land do you have?

/ New owner! T-700
Thanks guys! It's about 150 acres.

/ New owner! T-700 #5  
Very nice looking machine.
Best of Luck.

/ New owner! T-700 #6  
Hi Larry
Just checking to see how you like your machine? do you have many hours?

/ New owner! T-700
I've been tied up with my 'other' work a lot lately & haven't had much down time, but I have put about 20 hours on it now, and so far would give it an overall grade of an "A".

It's been completely soppy here lately, but it's done everything I've asked it to without getting stuck or even sliding much (I was fearing it might with the R4 tread versus our red clay soil). Power is very good, and smooth. I've had the 7' bucket lipping full with rip rap, and it didn't even whimper.

The self-leveler function can be a slight hindrance to visibility, and is taking some getting used to when it comes to raking loads forward and back on the back of trucks when I'm loading manure. If TYM is reading: it would be nice to follow Kubota's lead and offer a "switch-off" ability for the self-leveler. Truly though, since that is simply not an option on the TYM currently: weighing all the pros and cons as-is, I'd have to say that the SL pros outweigh the cons... I'd definitely still go with the SL FEL. Lastly, I'd read that rollback and dump angles would be compromised with the SL function, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that there is very little difference you can tell in reality.

Really, the only hit I would give on the tractor so far would be the paint quality on the front end loader. The bucket's coating has already started peeling off in places, and the loader's cylinders and arms came straight from the factory with what appears to simply be very thin and inadequate paint to be exposed to the elements. To TYM's credit, my dealer immediately offered to reimburse me for Rustoleum I could buy and touch it up. That means a heck of a lot, but my 'complaint' would simply be that neither the dealer nor the customer should have to be inconvenienced with doing that for a brand new tractor. The rest of the tractor's paint quality appears great, so I might just go ahead and pay to have a high-grade professional coat put on the bucket for now... it was nice on my former Allied loader not to have much rust or even bare-scratches on it after 6 years of heavy use.

Anyway, I can't stress enough that that is the only real complaint I've come across thus far. I looked all over for user-reviews when I was researching this tractor against others, so in case there's another "me" out there on the fence, I can only say 'get off the fence' and go for it. If I was buying again tomorrow, I would definitely still go with TYM over all the other brands I compared against (which was an exhaustive list, but I'd be happy to share the comparison spreadsheets I compiled if anyone needs the info).

Have a great Christmas!

/ New owner! T-700 #8  
I've been tied up with my 'other' work a lot lately & haven't had much down time, but I have put about 20 hours on it now, and so far would give it an overall grade of an "A".

It's been completely soppy here lately, but it's done everything I've asked it to without getting stuck or even sliding much (I was fearing it might with the R4 tread versus our red clay soil). Power is very good, and smooth. I've had the 7' bucket lipping full with rip rap, and it didn't even whimper.

The self-leveler function can be a slight hindrance to visibility, and is taking some getting used to when it comes to raking loads forward and back on the back of trucks when I'm loading manure. If TYM is reading: it would be nice to follow Kubota's lead and offer a "switch-off" ability for the self-leveler. Truly though, since that is simply not an option on the TYM currently: weighing all the pros and cons as-is, I'd have to say that the SL pros outweigh the cons... I'd definitely still go with the SL FEL. Lastly, I'd read that rollback and dump angles would be compromised with the SL function, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that there is very little difference you can tell in reality.

Really, the only hit I would give on the tractor so far would be the paint quality on the front end loader. The bucket's coating has already started peeling off in places, and the loader's cylinders and arms came straight from the factory with what appears to simply be very thin and inadequate paint to be exposed to the elements. To TYM's credit, my dealer immediately offered to reimburse me for Rustoleum I could buy and touch it up. That means a heck of a lot, but my 'complaint' would simply be that neither the dealer nor the customer should have to be inconvenienced with doing that for a brand new tractor. The rest of the tractor's paint quality appears great, so I might just go ahead and pay to have a high-grade professional coat put on the bucket for now... it was nice on my former Allied loader not to have much rust or even bare-scratches on it after 6 years of heavy use.

Anyway, I can't stress enough that that is the only real complaint I've come across thus far. I looked all over for user-reviews when I was researching this tractor against others, so in case there's another "me" out there on the fence, I can only say 'get off the fence' and go for it. If I was buying again tomorrow, I would definitely still go with TYM over all the other brands I compared against (which was an exhaustive list, but I'd be happy to share the comparison spreadsheets I compiled if anyone needs the info).

Have a great Christmas!

Thanks for the in depth report on your T700.
I'm looking to get a utility tractor of this size and from what I've seen, this tractor offers a lot of what I am looking for. The nearest dealers to me are in Missoula and Kalispel and knowing the importance of the dealer in the equation, I know I really need to evaluate them as well as the tractor. I'm going to be looking in earnest after the first of the year. Please keep your reports coming. I haven't seen a real serious complaint on this machine from any of the people who have them on this forum and some have many more hours than you.
Thanks again.

/ New owner! T-700 #9  
Very nice looking tractor. Enjoy it and be safe.

/ New owner! T-700 #10  
Thanks for the in depth report on your T700.
I'm looking to get a utility tractor of this size and from what I've seen, this tractor offers a lot of what I am looking for. The nearest dealers to me are in Missoula and Kalispel and knowing the importance of the dealer in the equation, I know I really need to evaluate them as well as the tractor. I'm going to be looking in earnest after the first of the year. Please keep your reports coming. I haven't seen a real serious complaint on this machine from any of the people who have them on this forum and some have many more hours than you.
Thanks again.

any thoughts on the dealer in Missoula? i dunno much about these tractors, but drive by them very often and see a nice lineup, can imagine they are less than the nearby kubota