New Kioti DK4210SECAB

/ New Kioti DK4210SECAB #1  

ruko

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
Hello
Two questions about this tractor.

It has a hydraulic rear auxiliary output but no front auxiliary. Is it feasible to run hoses from the rear to the front? Lot less cost than a 400 dollar third function kit and no hassle to mount the control.

I've noticed that when in 2nd or 3rd speed on the HST there is very little power compared to first gear. I noticed this when attempting to push some dirt around and happened to be in 2nd gear. The tractor just stopped and no matter how much I depressed the pedal it would not go. The motor sounded like there was no load on it. Like it went into neutral. Shifted to 1st gear and the power was there. Is this normal? i have called the dealer but have not received a response yet.

/ New Kioti DK4210SECAB #2  
Congratulations on a nice tractor. Pictures are always appreciated.

Yes you can use the rear remote to run a grapple on the loader. Plenty of people do just that. My Brother has been doing that for a couple of years now and is happy and use to it.

It is normal to have more power in low range on any tractor. On a HST tractor remember the pedals are not like a accelerator on a car. If you are running out of power try not pushing harder on the pedal but lift your foot some. With time and practice you will find the best combinations.

/ New Kioti DK4210SECAB #3  
Yes you can run hoses from the back of the tractor remotes to the loader. I bought the third function because I felt that the improvement in ergonomics made it worth the cost. That said, I have yet to try the third function because the Wicked 60 grapple I ordered has not come yet. I do have the optional second rear remote, and use it for the top and tilt. The only issue I have with the rear remotes is that one needs to have detents for some implements like backhoe or log splitter. I would like to be able to turn the detent function on and off easily for use with the top link. I have yet to look into that modification, but that could improve my control of the hydraulic top link.
I also have stalled the tractor a few times by being in too tall a gear for what I was doing. Going down a gear fixes that. I also noticed something else that I think is odd about going down a gear. What I found is that when I run out of traction, going down a gear usually helps improve traction greatly.
Do you have the Linked Pedal option? If I don't have the Linked pedal option turned on, then I must set the engine speed higher when using 3rd gear.

Dave

/ New Kioti DK4210SECAB #4  
Oh! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the tractor.

/ New Kioti DK4210SECAB #5  
I don’t see any way to turn detent on and off. Its a few ball bearings inside valve. I wish there was a way, id do it myself. I need the detent for my log splitter, but not for anything else. I have 2 rear ports, one detent one not. I have also plumbed mine up front to run a snow plow. Was cheaper than 3rd function and quite handy as I made a simple extension handle and makes moving blade very easy. I did add a set of quick disconnects inline so I can easily remove loader without retreading hoses though.

/ New Kioti DK4210SECAB
Congratulations on a nice tractor. Pictures are always appreciated.

Yes you can use the rear remote to run a grapple on the loader. Plenty of people do just that. My Brother has been doing that for a couple of years now and is happy and use to it.

It is normal to have more power in low range on any tractor. On a HST tractor remember the pedals are not like a accelerator on a car. If you are running out of power try not pushing harder on the pedal but lift your foot some. With time and practice you will find the best combinations.
Thanks for the info. K5lwq is a HAM license. Are you a HAM radio operator by any chance? My call is n0bti.

/ New Kioti DK4210SECAB #7  
I am but not active anymore. 73

/ New Kioti DK4210SECAB #8  
When I ordered my Kioti I ordered it with an extra set of remotes on the rear. I went with full detent. I use this for my grapple. Gotta watch out though, as the detent keeps the hydraulics locked/flowing and a grapple has stopping points: this means that you get into dead-heading. Why I like this setup is that I can run into a pile of brush (or whatever) with the grapple open (of course) and reach over and slam the hydraulic lever and the grapple will start closing (I don't need to keep my hand on the lever); I can mess a round a second or so as the grapple crunches down and then I reach over and flip the lever back into the neutral position. If I find that I need ALL three remotes for something off the rear I need only pop out the lines going to front/grapple: I haven't had to do this, but I'd like to have a tilt function on my 3pt lower link arm (doing some box blade work right now and I could really use the tilt). An actual 3rd function would be neater and I wouldn't mind having it, but my current setup works well enough and I just don't feel like spending the money and the time to change: and overall need/use isn't enough to justify it.

/ New Kioti DK4210SECAB #9  
i ran my hoses from the rear with a set of quick disconnects at the same location as all of the quick disconnects for the loader to make removal of the loader easy then out to the torque tube. I had the detents removed from my lever and I added an extension to the lever so I could operate it while operating the joystick with the same right hand. If you want to follow my progress you can click on the links.

73 James K0UA

/ New Kioti DK4210SECAB #10  
i ran my hoses from the rear with a set of quick disconnects at the same location as all of the quick disconnects for the loader to make removal of the loader easy then out to the torque tube. I had the detents removed from my lever and I added an extension to the lever so I could operate it while operating the joystick with the same right hand. If you want to follow my progress you can click on the links.

73 James K0UA
I have the exact same setup.