New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #31  
I have gone through four tanks of fuel it is running great! Seems to have a good bit more power too without the restriction of the DPF filter. There is a beeper in the ignition which goes off when it is in gear via the neutral safety switch. This can be fixed by rewiring the neutral safety switch to the ignition, or eliminating the switch. It is getting annoying, anytime the rpm is lower than 2,000 you can hear it. Also the neutral safety switch is very sensitive so it often beeps in neutral too lol.

Overall a huge success and pretty easy to do, it is so nice to finally have this tractor back in action.

gene21 your tractor would be the same procedure.
Thanks I'm really considering it because mine doesn't always like to regen sometimes I have to try 4 or 5 times to get it to regen and it seems to regen better when it's warm out or in the garage

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #32  
Regen requires HEAT, I just bump it to almost full throttle when it wants to regen and keep on working until it's done. Once I figured that out it has behaved much better.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #33  
When I bought mine I ended up getting a tiny tractor to avoid the mess. Under 25hp was exempt. I'm glad there is a work-around. Seems the EPA manages too many manufacturers, where is their competition?

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #34  
I've done a bit of research on this topic. Concerned about my LS xr4150 (boomer 50) This is an EFI tractor. Not so easy to circumvent the DPF filter. From what I understand, one can just punch or bore a few holes through the filter so the sensors never detect a clogged system. I assume one would want to approximate the general size of the exhaust bore.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode
I bought my 2015 New Holland Boomer 37 new.
Didn't know it when I bought it that it automatically goes in Regeneration mode every four hours of operation.
The manual says to stop operating the tractor until regeneration is complete. This takes 1/2 hour. It is a real inconvenience.
Nowhere in my owners manual does it say you have to run it at full throttle during regeneration. At about 750 hours July 2021, the regenerations started happening every three hours of operation. Then, all of a sudden, the machine went into DPF engine shutdown mode. Would not rev higher than 1500 RPM and would shut down after 30 seconds. The 30 seconds is so you can move the tractor off the road as necessary. According to the manual, DPF engine shutdown mode happens when the soot level inside the cannister exceeds 140%. After a $600 tow fee to the dealership, computer diagnostics and a forced regeneration, the tractor was running again. It turns out, the cannister did not really have a heavy soot load. Cause of shutdown was not clearly understood, but dealer told me to always run the tractor at full throttle during regeneration, so I have been doing that ever since.
January, 2023 @ 950+- hours. regens started every 3 hours again, then tractor went into shutdown mode again, while plowing snow. Finished plowing at 30 second intervals, between shutdowns. It starts every time, runs at low RPM for 30 seconds, then shuts down.
Service truck will come when they can, but I am without a machine right now. Anyone else had this problem ? I know there are DPF DELETE programs available, but I would rather get to the origin of the problem first. Thanks. Kevin
I just got a call from the NH Dealer. He said the DPF filter is plugged solid with soot. When they removed it, the tractor started right up and runs fine. They are sending the DPF filter out to be cleaned. If it cannot be cleaned, a new one will cost "several thousand." I looked on the internet and saw a price of $3,800.00.
I try to keep my tractor revving all the time to avoid soot buildup. Not sure what else I can do to prevent this from happening again. I still like this machine. It serves me very well.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #36  
Sorry to hear your filter is plugged again!

When you say "I try to keep my tractor revving all the time to avoid soot buildup" what rpm do you try to keep it at when your using it?

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #37  
I'd "fix" the old filter to try before I spend 4K on a replacement. What is the down side?

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #38  
I'd "fix" the old filter to try before I spend 4K on a replacement. What is the down side?

I can certainly understand that when they asking that much.

I wonder how closely you have to mimic the resistance of the filter and if there is differential pressure sensor across it, is there a range where it needs to be happy?

Sorry to hear your filter is plugged again!

When you say "I try to keep my tractor revving all the time to avoid soot buildup" what rpm do you try to keep it at when your using it?
usually where the governor limits it from going any higher.... 2300-2500 RPM.

I can certainly understand that when they asking that much.

I wonder how closely you have to mimic the resistance of the filter and if there is differential pressure sensor across it, is there a range where it needs to be happy?
I certainly need to ask the dealer a lot of questions when the tractor is ready to come home. Running at full throttle all the time doesn't seem right.