New Garage Finishing Help

/ New Garage Finishing Help #1  

B7510HSD

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
So my garage is up now and the electrical will be done today. I am wanting to put up OSB on the interior walls this is a single wall construction the put Tyvek over the studs and installed the T111 and bats over that will that be enough for a vapor barrier can I just insulate and put the OSB over that?? This will be mostly unheated as we don't have very cold weather here on the coast..

/ New Garage Finishing Help #2  
I built mine exactly like that 25 years ago and have had no problems.

/ New Garage Finishing Help #3  
If the bats are paper backed, and the paper is facing the inside of the building, that is the vapor barrier.

/ New Garage Finishing Help
Sounds good guys I was told this would not work and could not figure out why!! :confused3:

/ New Garage Finishing Help #5  
This biggest issue with the T-111 is the difficulty in flashing around penetrations like windows and doors. The insulation will tend to trap moisture, so take the time and try your best to properly flash your heads.

/ New Garage Finishing Help
This biggest issue with the T-111 is the difficulty in flashing around penetrations like windows and doors. The insulation will tend to trap moisture, so take the time and try your best to properly flash your heads.
Thanks they did a good job on the doors and windows I don't believe that will be an issue.. I keep up on the sealing everything here once a year also beings the nasty windy rain we get!!