New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait?

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #31  
You are both correct - cant take it with you

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #32  
The only vehicles I see in dealer lots these days are large pickup trucks and SUVs

I'm guessing you have some negotiating power right now to buy and over sized fuel guzzler

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #33  
The only vehicles I see in dealer lots these days are large pickup trucks and SUVs

I'm guessing you have some negotiating power right now to buy and over sized fuel guzzler

They aren’t a fuel guzzler if you use it for its’ intended purposes ;)

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #34  
I saw last night prices went back up on Rams. I think as others have said prices on way down soon due to glut in market deterioration of people unable to buy thru credit etc

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #36  
I think there are a bunch of deals right now that are expiring soon.
And if the inventory is high, and getting higher, there will be more incentives. Then one has to negotiate with the dealers. They are not likely to advertise how low they will go.

From the comments I have read on the videos I linked earlier, people are saying some dealers with high inventories are not lowering prices. At some point they will have too to move the inventory due to floor plan expense, aka, the interest payment on each vehicle on the lot.

We had noticed during the lock down there were not car advertisements on TV. No need since they were selling what they could get over MSRP. We see lots of car advertisements now and they have been increasing. Ford, Dodge/RAM and GM trucks are showing up quite frequently with TV ads. Surprisingly, so is the Nissan Rogue. Figured that would be selling well.

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #37  
They aren’t a fuel guzzler if you use it for its’ intended purposes ;)
(y) Blows my mind how many appear to have 75K + of “grocery getters” for daily driving. The ones I personally know only use them 3-4 times a year as a truck.

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #38  
In my experience, waiting ..almost always costs more. ..The only thing that may pop up is a factory rebate of some kind. I don't expect the MSRP to ever fall back.. they always go up. As someone else said, fuel prices are going to spike again if there isn't a change in office. If the status quo remains in 24, Diesel will be well north of 5-6.00 ph.. which would likely make the big trucks less marketable..

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #39  
I cross Donner Summit (over 7,000 ft elevation) weekly. Sometimes towing 8,000-10,000 pounds behind me...
I'm one who will drive until the wheels fall off but that approach for you could get you killed...

Think of it as a life insurance policy and get yourself a new truck (for safety).

/ New Diesel Truck-- Buy Now, or Wait? #40  
I'm one who will drive until the wheels fall off but that approach for you could get you killed...

Think of it as a life insurance policy and get yourself a new truck (for safety).
🤣 I'm the same way. But I do draw the line at safety.

I had a high mileage vehicle that I was driving in the back of beyond, and heard a loud "klunk" from underneath. I stopped, crawled under and looked around, afraid that I had dinged something with an unseen rock like the crankcase or gas tank (it happened once to me, not pretty). A mount for a shock absorber had cracked off due to metal fatigue. The vehicle became an "in town" only vehicle then and there, and I sold it fairly soon thereafter. Still, I saw it around town for years afterwards.

All the best,

Peter