New Bobcat BH76 Backhoe Hydraulic Connection to Tractor

/ New Bobcat BH76 Backhoe Hydraulic Connection to Tractor
Woohoo! Glad you got it all figured out. How long did it take you to get that stump out?

The backhoe worked admirably in picking up some of these root balls that were at the limit of weight, but can’t take credit for digging them out. They are left over from the contractor knocking down trees to put in my 700’ driveway.

I had cut up the trees and chipped the limbs earlier this year, but had been waiting on the tractor to remove the stumps/root balls before they killed all the moss and ferns this spring. Backhoe was able to drag them close and then lift them up onto to driveway for lifting with the pallet forks.

Woohoo! Glad you got it all figured out. How long did it take you to get that stump out?

IMG_3749.JPG

So a stump that was actually dug out by the backhoe, I was worried that this tractor might not do what I needed, but it is a beast!

Got my defective valve block replaced last week and the backhoe is up to full strength. In its class, this thing is a beast! I measured a granite bolder I dug out and moved about 70 feet out of the way of the trail I’m building, it was about 3000lb! My property is very rocky, by the time I finish this 1400’ trail to the lake I might need new teeth on the bucket, but could not make this path with 140’ elevation drop without the backhoe.

/ New Bobcat BH76 Backhoe Hydraulic Connection to Tractor #26  
Question... are you able to leave the 3pt hitch arms all on the tractor or do you have to remove them all to have the backhoe on? My understanding was the Ct2025 could leave all the arms on, but I cannot see how.

Just got my tractor last week and I almost had it on, just couldn't get it on without removing the arms.

The 3PH arms must come off to install the backhoe on Bobcat tractors (the top link can stay on). The equivalent Kioti tractor 2610 uses a different method for the backhoe which hangs out farther and the subframe come off/on with the backhoe. There are videos of the Kioti version breaking welds.

If switching back and forth frequently, perhaps the Kioti method is good, but I prefer the more secure connection directly to the frame of the tractor. The 3PH arms aren’t that difficult to remove/install, though one of my arm pins was too tight and needed punching out. I’ll sand that down before reinstalling because the backhoe subframe won’t allow access for a punch now.

/ New Bobcat BH76 Backhoe Hydraulic Connection to Tractor #28  
Okay, maybe it was the kioti I was thinking of. It's not hard to switch, only 5 minutes if the tools are nearby. One of my bolt on pins is really tight (need a small prybar), but I'll probably do the same as you, sand it a little.

Thanks for the reply, I don't feel AS moronic now. Lol.

/ New Bobcat BH76 Backhoe Hydraulic Connection to Tractor #29  
The BH 66/76/86/86-5 all run hydraulics from the main loop at the front loader, not the rear remotes. (Source: Bobcat backhoe Manual that came with my BH86.) I have a Bobcat 3rd function kit also, that actually includes an extra hose that replaces one of the hoses to the backhoe, as the length is slightly different once the 3rd function kit is installed on a tractor set up for a backhoe. I have a CT4058H, and my only complaints about that backhoe (aside from basically no aftermarket support for buckets or a hydraulic thumb) are that the seat is non-adjustable and WAY too close to the control tower (on the CT4xxx series there is a lot of empty space between the tractor seat and the backhoe seat) and the boom moves WAY too fast, but the swing is very slow! However I did just learn that the boom has a float mode (just like the front loader) that should be pretty cool for digging flat-bottom holes/trenches.
Just took delivery of a CT2035 with BH76 and, wow, you are right - the boom movement is way too aggressive. I am shocked at the imprecision of the boom control, especially since the arm and bucket controls are totally fine, even I'd say very good. I wonder if the cylinders were originally designed for some other machine for some other function and they wanted to get rid of the stock or something. Maybe I will get used to it with enough hours, but first go around there didn't seem to be much I could do.

Just took delivery of a CT2035 with BH76 and, wow, you are right - the boom movement is way too aggressive. I am shocked at the imprecision of the boom control, especially since the arm and bucket controls are totally fine, even I'd say very good. I wonder if the cylinders were originally designed for some other machine for some other function and they wanted to get rid of the stock or something. Maybe I will get used to it with enough hours, but first go around there didn't seem to be much I could do.

Agreed, the boom is way too fast. The only time it seems to be set well is while booming up and pulling the dipper in at the same time (dragging dirt toward you), the hydraulics are pretty balanced then. I’m considering adding flow control valves to the boom up and down, has anyone tried that?