New Bobcat BH76 Backhoe Hydraulic Connection to Tractor

/ New Bobcat BH76 Backhoe Hydraulic Connection to Tractor #1  

Snowlan

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT2025
Like the FEL, Bobcat has opted to offer their own version of a backhoe instead of the Kioti models. The attachment point looks more robust than the Kioti. I can find very little information on line, do these new backhoes have a dedicated power beyond loop run to the back like Deere and Kubota do, or does it run off the rear remotes with a detent valve? Asking because Kioti backhoe removal videos look like remote ports on the back of the tractor and I assume they share the hydraulic design. I'm stuck at sea a little longer than planned and my new CT2025 is still sitting at the dealer. The extra time is making me reconsider my choice of no backhoe since we didn't do the financing yet. The sub frame of other brands looks pretty straight forward (again can't find anything on these models), I'm considering making an offer for DIY install because the last time I was on the lot they had a few hoes crated and on the racks in the yard.

/ New Bobcat BH76 Backhoe Hydraulic Connection to Tractor
From the Brochure it looks very crowded in back, I don't know where they would add a loop for the backhoe.
CT2xxx Back End.JPG

I believe I found the answer on Bobcat's website. According to this wording they use the rear remotes rather than running a power beyond loop. I guess that is why their default remote option is spring return valves with a detent at the end of travel to lock in at full flow.

Backhoe.JPG

/ New Bobcat BH76 Backhoe Hydraulic Connection to Tractor #4  
That is how my 2012 ct 225 is set up.

/ New Bobcat BH76 Backhoe Hydraulic Connection to Tractor #5  
The BH 66/76/86/86-5 all run hydraulics from the main loop at the front loader, not the rear remotes. (Source: Bobcat backhoe Manual that came with my BH86.) I have a Bobcat 3rd function kit also, that actually includes an extra hose that replaces one of the hoses to the backhoe, as the length is slightly different once the 3rd function kit is installed on a tractor set up for a backhoe. I have a CT4058H, and my only complaints about that backhoe (aside from basically no aftermarket support for buckets or a hydraulic thumb) are that the seat is non-adjustable and WAY too close to the control tower (on the CT4xxx series there is a lot of empty space between the tractor seat and the backhoe seat) and the boom moves WAY too fast, but the swing is very slow! However I did just learn that the boom has a float mode (just like the front loader) that should be pretty cool for digging flat-bottom holes/trenches.

I did decide to add the backhoe and opted to have it delivered uninstalled. Another 2 weeks and I'll update how the install went. As long as the backhoe shows up in time to be delivered with the rest of the tractor and attachments.

/ New Bobcat BH76 Backhoe Hydraulic Connection to Tractor #7  
Just curious, which model did you end up getting and what was your price?

All Canadian pricing:
Original order was $23,900 for CT2025 HST with rear remotes, loader, 42"pallet forks, and 72" box blade. That was 0% financed price instead of the free loader. Will be delivered about 20 minutes away for free.
While waiting for the delivery I decided to add the BH76 and got that for $10,500 with a linked throttle kit for the tractor thrown in.
Dealer has been good to deal with, I'm away from home and had no way to arrange delivery of a Woodland Mills WC68 which I wanted to be on site as soon as I get home so I can start clearing brush while in COVID isolation. Dealer said no problem and I had the chipper delivered to him and he'll bring it out with the rest of the items no extra charge.
Here on the East Coast of Canada it was the best price by far. To stay in the same price range I would have had to buy JD 1 series, but to get the same front/rear lift capacity and tractor weight you need JD 4 series.
I get home around April 26, tractor will be delivered a couple days later, tires are loaded and ready to dig!

Hmm, just came across this video from a new YouTube channel:

The BH76 has three hoses which I wasn't expecting. After AZshawn's comment I was wondering if the backhoe could run off the remotes when equipped, or from a loop from the main valve block by the FEL if not. With three hoses I guess the remotes have nothing to do with it.

Well, things are not going so smoothly. Tractor and backhoe where finally delivered 2 days ago. I’m installing the backhoe myself and when sizing up the job yesterday I discovered they shipped it without the manual. The installation instructions consist of a parts list and a drawing of all the parts assembled (no tractor) and numbers at all connections. That part is good, bolts are all in bags with matching numbers for the connections.

The issue is there are no instructions for the 3 hydraulic hoses that integrate into the FEL hydraulics, the hoses shipped without the end fittings threaded on so difficult to determine without a diagram or picture.

Waiting on the dealer to provide instructions, but I may wait a while since they are short staffed at the moment.

The other issue, right side foot peg is bent and will clash with the outrigger moving up and down. Dealer sending out someone next week to bend it back. Simple fix, but if surrounding metal were to deform I want it to be Bobcat that does it.View attachment 699534