NEW 4300 owner

/ NEW 4300 owner
jorswift
I think you mean the "lift link", and not the lift arm, as you mentioned it is "without the easy adjustment. Welding it should work, as seldom need to adjust that side from my experience.
Here is pic of the left lift arm. and of the left lift link.

Yes, sorry for the confusion. The link #28 in diagram broke right at the first thread. Why are they $250-300 for that part? WOW, they are proud of them.

/ NEW 4300 owner
Here are a couple after weld pics. 20180109_170604.jpg20180109_170610.jpg

/ NEW 4300 owner #13  
We used say it was a John Deere thing (high price). Now it doesn't really matter what brand you have, parts are high. And is a dealer knows they got you over a barrel ( no salvage or after market parts available), the really stick.it to you. Car dealers are also getting that way. Agco wanted about 800 dollars for a part I know they didn't have 200 dollars in. The trick is they were the only place that had what I needed. It is almost crooked. Things get cheaper in a hurry when there is salvage and after market parts available.

/ NEW 4300 owner #14  

Ahh, that's what broke. I thought you meant the cast arm that does the lifting. My 4300 was missing an entire side of 3point parts so I made the draft link from bar stock and then bought a $15 lift link and welded on a link end from agrisupply and made a new one that is easier to adjust than the JD unit.

/ NEW 4300 owner
Ahh, that's what broke. I thought you meant the cast arm that does the lifting. My 4300 was missing an entire side of 3point parts so I made the draft link from bar stock and then bought a $15 lift link and welded on a link end from agrisupply and made a new one that is easier to adjust than the JD unit.
Can you send a pic of it? Interested in how to do this if it happens again. Thanks.

/ NEW 4300 owner #17  
We used say it was a John Deere thing (high price). Now it doesn't really matter what brand you have, parts are high.

JD dealer wants $800 to fix my 4300 fuel gauge. He said "the whole panel must be replaced". I said "I can live without gauge!"

/ NEW 4300 owner #18  
JD dealer wants $800 to fix my 4300 fuel gauge. He said "the whole panel must be replaced". I said "I can live without gauge!"

They have aftermarket clusters on Ebay for $230. I need to fix mine on the 4210, and have been looking for one. Maybe this spring I will tear into it and see if it can be fixed. I looked for a used on for parts or to use, and they were running about $100, so for that, I'd just buy the aftermarket. I like to have the fuel gauge, so it bugs me.

Last edited:
   / NEW 4300 owner #19  
I busted a turn buckle that makes yhe5 connection of the top member of the 3 pt to the tractor-implement. Same situation and don't really know how I did it. One of those flukey deals. Welded it back together and still going today. That fix you got there just may out last the tractor.

/ NEW 4300 owner #20  
They have aftermarket clusters on Ebay for $230. I need to fix mine on the 4210, and have been looking for one. Maybe this spring I will tear into it and see if it can be fixed. I looked for a used on for parts or to use, and they were running about $100, so for that, I'd just buy the aftermarket. I like to have the fuel gauge, so it bugs me.

That is the first I heard of a new aftermarket cluster. That is what an $800 JD price tag will do:
bring out the competition. Nice.

The fuel gauge may be fixable. First thing to look at is the connectors, assuming you checked the
sender.

As for the hour meter, one guy on TBN has a thread about fixing it, with some success. I just added a
separate hour meter.

As for the 3-pt lift links, I had some broken ones from my 2 4300 rental tractors. I prefer the
aftermarket (Agrisupply), and they are quite inexpensive.