New 4040

/ New 4040 #1  

RiverRat77

Tractor
LS XR4040
Just picked up my new XR 4040 the other day. Was messing around with the box blade and it seems as if the box blade just floats and that there is no down force. Is there something I need to do to fix this or is this common. I am a noob so be easy with me �� thanks

/ New 4040 #2  
Just picked up my new XR 4040 the other day. Was messing around with the box blade and it seems as if the box blade just floats and that there is no down force. Is there something I need to do to fix this or is this common. I am a noob so be easy with me ?003f003f?003f003f thanks
Yes it will just float that is when weight is your friend. You can adjust your top link so the cutting blade will cut more.

/ New 4040 #3  
Welcome to TBN................
Congrats on the new tractor. (Don't forget to post pics or it didn't happen)
The tractor does not have down force. When you lower the implement it will float. Read your owners manual about position and draft control.

/ New 4040
Thanks guys I tried to post a pic but apparently I can't figure that out either. I was really hoping there would be a way to add down force oh well.

/ New 4040 #5  
If you know about hydraulics you can plug into your rear remotes and add a cylinder to provide down force to an implement. What do you need down force for?

/ New 4040
Well I just thought it would be useful to have at times,that way I could control depth easier

/ New 4040 #7  
:welcome:

What size box blade did you get? As stated, you can adjust your top link in some to make it cut more while pulling. Pushing will be less which is ok. I usually like them about level or slightly lower in the front to cut. If it's not wanting to cut use the rippers first.

/ New 4040 #8  
congrats on the new tractor. I have been adjusting my box blade, depending what I am trying to do. You will just have to work with it till you figure out what works best for you.

/ New 4040 #9  
I don't think down force would help out at all. You would have to run in 4wd all the time cause you would loose your traction from the rear tires. I just have a real heavy box blade. When I have it set more forward, it don't take but a few seconds and it will fill up.