Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #41  
I've said it many times, good neighbors are priceless. We have 45 acres, 600'+ setback and sometimes that's not enough. Three out of four of my neighbors are great, one is just ok, most of the time.

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #42  
I had the ideal conclusion to my neighbor issue, I just bought his house and told him if he didn't like it, to leave, which he did and I had the house remodeled and now I rent it for a good profit and my renters keep their mouths shut.

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #43  
I’d try and get this over and done with. I’m a retired land surveyor and I’ve seen these escalate to the point big money gets spent on law suits, counter suites, appeals etc.

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #44  
I would get rid of the pile and keep it gone at all costs until the trial is over. If you walk in with no pile and a plan to keep it gone, the judge will toss them out. I don't see him awarding anything to them even court costs if you were not in the wrong.

Trust me, you don't want to leave this situation in the hands of a judge, they may come up with a very expensive solution. I would try and to get ahold of a local garden club and make arrangements to load them up. I know I would love to be part of that. I would take an awful lot of horse crap and just till it in.

Only thing I can say about your neighbors, they are @$$holes for not coming and chatting with you about it first.

I had an issue with a neighbor who's dogs chased me everyday on my bike ride. It didn't bother me but I told her, I would like to be able to take my grandson and wife past her house without them getting scared of her dogs. She not only tried to make it my problem by telling me "I guess you just need to get yourself a can of wasp and hornet spray and use it on them, that's what we use on dogs". I said, I have no intention of doing that and you aren't going to ask a 6 year old to do this. But she was also on her ZTR when I was talking to her and when the conversation didn't end well, she started up her mower and intentionally mowed around a big rock right near her drive before I could back out and threw dust and gravel on my car.

Well, the county dog warden got a call when I got home and he said, I guess I need to go out and have a chat with her about what it means to be a dog owner in Delaware county. His exact words. Never saw those dogs on the road again.

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #45  
I would get rid of the pile and keep it gone at all costs until the trial is over. If you walk in with no pile and a plan to keep it gone, the judge will toss them out. I don't see him awarding anything to them even court costs if you were not in the wrong.

Trust me, you don't want to leave this situation in the hands of a judge, they may come up with a very expensive solution. I would try and to get ahold of a local garden club and make arrangements to load them up. I know I would love to be part of that. I would take an awful lot of horse crap and just till it in.

Only thing I can say about your neighbors, they are @$$holes for not coming and chatting with you about it first.

I had an issue with a neighbor who's dogs chased me everyday on my bike ride. It didn't bother me but I told her, I would like to be able to take my grandson and wife past her house without them getting scared of her dogs. She not only tried to make it my problem by telling me "I guess you just need to get yourself a can of wasp and hornet spray and use it on them, that's what we use on dogs". I said, I have no intention of doing that and you aren't going to ask a 6 year old to do this. But she was also on her ZTR when I was talking to her and when the conversation didn't end well, she started up her mower and intentionally mowed around a big rock right near her drive before I could back out and threw dust and gravel on my car.

Well, the county dog warden got a call when I got home and he said, I guess I need to go out and have a chat with her about what it means to be a dog owner in Delaware county. His exact words. Never saw those dogs on the road again.
You are assuming he wants to get rid of his horses.

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #46  
I think he said he cut back on his horses and won’t have large piles in the future. Any chance you give horse rides to needy kids? That would really make the neighbor look bad.

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #47  
IMO lawyers and judges smell much worse than horse manure. Since you have hired an attorney make him earn his outrageous fee. Ask if you will recover his fee if you prevail in court. I'm surprised that officials showed up and gave opinions in the past.
I've talked to lawyers about taking cases where there was no grey area and not a one would take the cases on contingent nor assure me of winning should I pay their fees.
One case involved 80,000 sq ft of warehouses constructed within 2 feet of property line where code calls for minimum of 5 feet. That in it's self wasn't as much problem as the rainfall from roofs flooding my property which is also violation of state law. An acre of my property including driveway and side yard was swampland 10 months of year. Swampland became inhabited by Cottonmouth whereas I had never seen a single one over past 25 years. Our Shi-Tzu was bitten as she left the deck. $4k in vet bills and she died of complications. Not a single government authority would get involved,suggesting civil law suit instead. Paid consultation fees to 3 different attorneys who would only take i if I paid $5k to $7k upfront followed by $400 per hour until case settled. The cherry on top was when one of those lawyers told me "I know their attorney and he will use every dirty trick in the book until your expense causes you to drop it". That speaks volumes about lawyers and the courts that there are provisions for dirty tricks built into the system. Average people who never had occasion for suing or being sued don't believe me and those that have shake their heads in sad acknowledgment.
I've said it here before,lawyers have all of us like barking dogs with cats up trees.

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #48  
Had a chipper, sold it for more than I paid for it. Easier to burn branches, besides, I'm a pyro. and th ashes make good soil amendments. Potash

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #50  
I am being sued by my absentee adjoining landowner for $220,000 so I feel ya.... They claim our Great Pyrenees are a nuisance and trespassing, and have caused property damage.. even though there is no leash in law in the county they are claiming as if there was. We are in the Discovery phase right now.
This one is easy. Is your land fenced to the point where your dogs can't wonder off your property?

We have no leesh laws in our own county. Either we are outside with the dogs or the dogs go into a fenced in area.

We only have 40 acres, but our dogs don't wonder onto other peoples property.