Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #61  
This one is easy. Is your land fenced to the point where your dogs can't wonder off your property?

We have no leesh laws in our own county. Either we are outside with the dogs or the dogs go into a fenced in area.

We only have 40 acres, but our dogs don't wonder onto other peoples property.
Dogs are basically coyotes. Had issues with both eating chickens. Neighbor was raising a big meat bird flock. He was really upset with the dog eating his nuggets.

Not sure what happened but my chickens have been left alone

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #63  
Dogs are basically coyotes. Had issues with both eating chickens. Neighbor was raising a big meat bird flock. He was really upset with the dog eating his nuggets.

Not sure what happened but my chickens have been left alone
Neighbor neglected to clip his roosters wings soon enough. The rooster and one of his chickens flew over the fence into the neighbors yard.

His neighbors dogs ate good that day.

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #64  
From my experience with dogs who aren't on a lead, they don't know boundaries unless their "masters" are with them and they are somewhat trained. If they go on one neighbors property roaming, they can go on anyones property given enough time.

Don't get me wrong, you'll always have that exceptional dog who never leaves sight of their "home", but even then, "nature" can kick in and off they go be it a running rabbit or other 4 legged creature, or they aren't spayed or nurtured.

I just live in a rual county where for whatever reason, people who own dogs don't either fence them in or watch them, and they're roaming all over the place.

I have a blue tick hound that when we first came to us you had to watch him like a hawk or off driving around roads I went looking for him. He use to drive us up the wall because he'd be good at being outside, then, you take your eyes off of him for 5 minutes and I'd bet getting a call from my neighbor telling me she had seem him running across the field in her backyard across the street. He would always be wearing the training collar LOL This guy is now one of the older ones in our home, and his running days are expired, and we never have to worry about him wondering around because he finally realizes how good he has it LOL

I only have barb wire going around the property lines, but a Dogtra training collar/collars has worked wonders when we take anyone out back for a walk with us.
My last dog was a roamer. I got her at 6 weeks old and she started going to work with me immediately, so saying she was at home in the woods was a gross understatement. After she was gone a coworker said that we would be working 1/2 mile apart and she would come hang out with him for a while, then come back to me. She was my first dog and way too smart for my training abilities. We were rarely around houses so she didn't get into trouble that way, but if she had I knew that it would be my fault.

If I ever have another dog like her, he or she will very quickly be wearing an e-collar... although I know more now about training than I did 25 years ago. I would never put up with that crap now... and sometimes find myself disciplining other people's dogs when they try to jump up on me.
That's one habit I DID break her of.

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #65  
I like dogs, but not wandering dogs. I was at the farm last year and this massive, male wandering mastiff got near me. It was a scary lookin monster. Wished I had my 9mm for a moment there. Ended up chasing it off with a 2x4.
There’s no excuse for gigantic wandering, territorial dogs. Could kill a child.

Went to college with a spectacular D-1 woman athlete who was killed by 2 of those Cane Corsica monster dogs.

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #66  
IMO lawyers and judges smell much worse than horse manure. Since you have hired an attorney make him earn his outrageous fee. Ask if you will recover his fee if you prevail in court. I'm surprised that officials showed up and gave opinions in the past.
I've talked to lawyers about taking cases where there was no grey area and not a one would take the cases on contingent nor assure me of winning should I pay their fees.
One case involved 80,000 sq ft of warehouses constructed within 2 feet of property line where code calls for minimum of 5 feet. That in it's self wasn't as much problem as the rainfall from roofs flooding my property which is also violation of state law. An acre of my property including driveway and side yard was swampland 10 months of year. Swampland became inhabited by Cottonmouth whereas I had never seen a single one over past 25 years. Our Shi-Tzu was bitten as she left the deck. $4k in vet bills and she died of complications. Not a single government authority would get involved,suggesting civil law suit instead. Paid consultation fees to 3 different attorneys who would only take i if I paid $5k to $7k upfront followed by $400 per hour until case settled. The cherry on top was when one of those lawyers told me "I know their attorney and he will use every dirty trick in the book until your expense causes you to drop it". That speaks volumes about lawyers and the courts that there are provisions for dirty tricks built into the system. Average people who never had occasion for suing or being sued don't believe me and those that have shake their heads in sad acknowledgment.
I've said it here before,lawyers have all of us like barking dogs with cats up trees.
This has iron in the words. Best heed them...

The only ones who will win are the lawyers.

I shake my head "with sad acknowledgement".

A few years ago, it cost me $40,000 in legal fees to win a lawsuit against a contractor that violated a home building contract and walked away with my $20,000 deposit. He boldly told me to pound sand, thinking there was nothing I could do about it. I chased him through the legal system (what a joke) for 2 years, while he and his lawyer used every trick and delay tactic there was. He finally ran out of places to run to, and had to meet me in court, with a judge and jury. I "won" my case. Got my $20,000 back. He got a judgement against him in court for unethical business practices. Big Whoop. He's still in business. Only "consolation" is my lawyer estimates his legal fees were north of $80,000.

I told my lawyer after it was all over that I was not a fan of the modern "legal system". I told him it renewed my belief in the "SSS System", and next time, things would be handled differently.

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #67  
So are these same Dogs adding to this manure pile that the OP is being sued for?

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #68  
I told my lawyer after it was all over that I was not a fan of the modern "legal system". I told him it renewed my belief in the "SSS System", and next time, things would be handled differently.
Wait a couple of years, have an alibi, and take it out on his property.

SSS method on a two legged creature has too many holes to to keep burried, and sooner or later something will crawl out of the ground and bite you.

That said, I would never condone breaking the law...

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #69  
Wait a couple of years, have an alibi, and take it out on his property.

SSS method on a two legged creature has too many holes to to keep burried, and sooner or later something will crawl out of the ground and bite you.

That said, I would never condone breaking the law...
No. Not for this guy. My best "revenge" on him has been to live well, in our new house, that he had nothing to do with. Sometimes it still galls me, especially if I have to drive passed his place of business, but I remind myself that Mrs Slim and I are doing just fine, in spite of him.

/ Neighbors Sue for Horse Manure Pile Smell #70  
No. Not for this guy. My best "revenge" on him has been to live well, in our new house, that he had nothing to do with. Sometimes it still galls me, especially if I have to drive passed his place of business, but I remind myself that Mrs Slim and I are doing just fine, in spite of him.
I like the attitude here! When people have knowingly wronged me. I let them know about it. I stop doing business with them and don't associate with them.
Then I treat them well when I see them in public, give them good greatings with a smile on my face. Its usually thier own shame that gets to them.