Needed bigger FEL

/ Needed bigger FEL #1  

docric

Tractor
kabota 3130, MF 65
I have a midsize Kubota 4wd that has a front end loader that is useful for everything but cleaning out horse stalls. Can only get a few scoops of dirty bedding and manure in there, and the space is tight so a trailer is a pain. Has anyone come up with a way to make a useful larger bucket? I made a home made arraignment of sorts but will be laughed off the forums if I post a picture. :-(

Thanks. I made just need some help on where to look. I assume the buckets are made small so as not to overload the implement with heavy stuff like gravel, etc.

Ric

/ Needed bigger FEL #2  
If your Kubota has the standard quick attach bucket you can buy a larger bucket (wider and taller). The problem may be that your loader hydraulics may not be able to lift it depending on the weight. Quickattach is one company that sells larger buckets. I'm sure there are many others too.

Last edited:
   / Needed bigger FEL #3  
I like to use my 66" Open tine construction bucket Grapple for cleaning out horse stalls but still have to maneuver the tractor out of the barn to dump it. Avatar pic is of the grapple.

/ Needed bigger FEL #4  
Seen a few make their custom high capacity bucket. Might mock up or try with plywood concept before fabricating with metal.

/ Needed bigger FEL #5  
No doubt it wouldn’t be cheap, but Kubota sells a light materials bucket that is sized larger.

/ Needed bigger FEL #6  
I made my own for mucking stalls - granted we clean out stalls into muck buckets then dump them in this bucket on the tractor, as well as the rear dumping carry all. It's constructed from steel fencing, a blank SSQA plate, some scrap steel, and clad with rubber conveyer belt thrown away from a local quarry. Wood would work as well but will rot and need to be replaced every now and then.

Thread is here: Shape/materials for a hand-loaded, non-scooping FEL "bucket"?

/ Needed bigger FEL #7  
I have a midsize Kubota 4wd that has a front end loader that is useful for everything but cleaning out horse stalls. Can only get a few scoops of dirty bedding and manure in there, and the space is tight so a trailer is a pain. Has anyone come up with a way to make a useful larger bucket? I made a home made arraignment of sorts but will be laughed off the forums if I post a picture. :-(

Thanks. I made just need some help on where to look. I assume the buckets are made small so as not to overload the implement with heavy stuff like gravel, etc.

Ric
I think you might have some luck looking at mulch / snow buckets and skeleton buckets

/ Needed bigger FEL #8  
My wifes Aunt made a plywood bucket that they used for 20 plus yrs. It was built around the original bucket while extending it on all sides.

/ Needed bigger FEL #10  
I keep thinking it would be easy to make a plywood insert that fit into the standard bucket but was much longer in the forward and the forward+upward directions. Every fall we wind up with huge piles of leaves to pull out of cul-de-sacs, and I bet the biggest don't weigh more than maybe 200 lbs.