Need some Tech help w/ TS1910F

/ Need some Tech help w/ TS1910F #1  

Mark_in_NY

Tractor
Bolens/Iseki G194/TS1910F
There's a very long story as to why, but I find myself working on a tractor 600 miles from my service manuals. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I have to split the tractor (G194/TS1910F) at the engine/bellhousing joint and I'm having some difficulty with the driveshaft to the front axle. What is the procedure to remove this? I tried dropping the casting under the gearbox but it didn't want to move more than an inch or so. I tried removing the driveshaft cover hoping something would be revealed but the joint there won't slide (its soaking in Kroil tonight).

I appreciate any help.
Mark

/ Need some Tech help w/ TS1910F #2  
Mark, as I remember on my TS1610F, I tried dropping that casting too but it did not budge. Then I found that you don't need to remove it, but you indeed need to soak the drive shaft cover with Kroil, remove that front bolt on the tab that keeps the front cover in place, and it will eventually slide back, in a telescoping manner, revealing the shaft. The shaft is two piece as I remember and slides back within two splined couplings (one in the casting) so that you can make room to drop the drive shaft out. You will need to Kroil those couplings as well. You will want to replace the lipped seals at both ends while it is out. (There may be an O-ring too).

Bill

/ Need some Tech help w/ TS1910F
Thanks Bill. I've been working at the back end and have managed to slide the cover forward only about a quarter inch (more Kroil) but it reveals a spline joint at the rear of the shaft within the casting internals. I'll take a look at the front as you suggest. I am suspicious that if I go ahead with the split it will come apart too but I'd rather do it all in an orderly manner. This is the last thing holding me back... I think. Sure wish I had that manual!

Thanks again.
Mark

Well, it's done. I was able to slide the rear cover forward revealing the spline coupling and a snap ring. Removing the snap ring allowed the coupling to slide forward and off the stub reaching forward from the casting and down she goes.

My bigger problem turned out to be that on this old parts tractor the presure plate is seized to the inout shaft. Rather than leave the presure plate attached to the flywheel, I had to remove the mounting bolts through the inspection cover. All is well now though as you can see in the attached photo.

Mark

I don't think the pic worked. Try this:

G244split.jpg