Need replacement for Stihl ms241

/ Need replacement for Stihl ms241
I'm having an Aha! moment...maybe.
I remembered that when I tried to pullstart the machine, I pushed in the decomp valve as usual. But then, even though it wouldn't start, and got stuck, the valve button popped out. So something is wrong with the valve. A few minutes studying at YouTube University yielded a video describe just this

I had an aha moment. When I tried pullstarting, I pushed in the decomp valve as usual. It popped right out even though there was no start. I found a YouTube video describing a similar situation, in which part of the valve fell off and into the cylinder. Maybe that's what keeps the piston from moving. If I can get to our property where the saw lives, I will look into this. Lots of snowy, icy, hilly roads between here and there.

If that's it, the first thing is to extract the debris, and the second is to figure out what damage has been done. Getting a replacement valve and screwing it in should be simple.

Sorry for the repeat. Sent the first one without meaning to.

/ Need replacement for Stihl ms241 #34  
Your posts have almost motivated me enough to once again tinker with my unusable due to it being unreliable 270c 👍

/ Need replacement for Stihl ms241 #35  
Stihl and afm decomps known for this.

Why I always try to keep husky decomps on hand.

sdecomp.jpg
afmdecompp.jpg
afmdc.jpg

Hmmm. Decomp valve is dirty, but appears okay. No apparent debris above piston, either. I have the clutch off, too. Nothing looks weird there, either. I guess the next step is to get a long t27 bit and take off the head. I hope I remember how it all goes back together. Anybody know where to download the workshop manual for free?

And oh boy, now the decomp valve on my 261 is popping out every time I pull the starter rope, even though it doesn't light off. What is going on? Are my machines going on strike?

/ Need replacement for Stihl ms241 #38  
Stihl valves sometimes do that. I have one that does. Some people drill out the outlet hole but a Husqvarna valve, which works better, does not cost all that much.

PM sent on the manals.

/ Need replacement for Stihl ms241 #39  
When I rebuilt my MS250 I took a bunch of pictures but Eric sent me a manual also which helped a lot. I have a MS 261 and the decomp valve pops up after most pulls of the rope even if it doesn’t start. I forget to use it half the time, it doesn’t really pull that hard not using the decomp valve.

/ Need replacement for Stihl ms241 #40  
I would love to revive the 241. I wonder why they stopped making it.
I heard not enough sales. Too close in weight (as mentioned and shown by xyz123) to an MS261 gen 2. I have a gen 1 MS261 and was ready to buy a 241 when I heard they were pulling it. I stuck with my top handle for limbing or just use the 261.