My NX6010

/ My NX6010 #1,331  
Arnold, congratulations on solving the problem with the shifter! Eric's the man! He's helped many folks on this board in the past. Including me.

I think you are really going to enjoy the NX4510HST/cab, especially with that pesky issue gone. I have the same tractor, 2014 model.

I also have an Everything Attachments Wicked Root Grapple like Eric's, but in the 60" width. I initially thought I wanted a 72", since that is the width of the bucket it replaces, but decided to go with 60" after discussing it with Travis at EA. I'd buy it again with no hesitation.
Hi Threepoint,
I'm ecstatic the shifter it's working right and didn't cost me anything!

I'm thinking my first implement purchase will be a root grapple. What made you decide on the 60" rather than the 72" like your bucket?

/ My NX6010 #1,332  
The drainage ditch doesn't look deep or steep. Drive in there with your rotary cutter or use a regular law mower. The Grapply I have is an Everything Attachments 72" wide version 1.0 double lid wicked roots grapple. On my properties it is a my go-to attachment and is primarily used to pick up windfalls and once in a while to clean up improved areas. I'd purchase it again.

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...e-by-Everything-Attachments-p/eta-wrg-cmp.htm

Hi Eric,

I'm looking at grapples myself. I think it would be a good first implement purchase. Your have a 72" and Threepoint went with the 60". What should I be considering when making my choice?

/ My NX6010
#1,333  
Hi Eric,

I'm looking at grapples myself. I think it would be a good first implement purchase. Your have a 72" and Threepoint went with the 60". What should I be considering when making my choice?
Probably easier for me to talk about this on the phone and provide a survey to bring you up to speed.

/ My NX6010 #1,334  
That sounds good Eric. It will be Thursday before I will have an opportunity to talk. Is Thursday evening good for you?

/ My NX6010 #1,335  
Hi Threepoint,
I'm ecstatic the shifter it's working right and didn't cost me anything!

I'm thinking my first implement purchase will be a root grapple. What made you decide on the 60" rather than the 72" like your bucket?
I also considered the 66" width before going with the 60." All three widths would be fine for the size tractor you have, but for me the 60" aids maneuverability without really giving anything up. I believe the dimensions of the double lids are the same for all three widths. So you lose nothing in terms of downward clamping ability. Sizing a grapple is different than sizing a bucket, where an extra 12" of width can mean a big difference in carrying capacity of loose material. In my woods, and in other areas where I work, I can poke the grapple into narrow spots between trees, stumps, bushes and other plantings I don't want to disturb, etc.

The narrower width also concentrates both the penetration force and the lifting force a bit more when digging out stuff. This is just my experience. It's worth a chat with Travis at EA about the best width for you based on your particular situation.

One final thought. A few years after getting the 60" grapple, I added another tractor, a 2018 CK3510SE HST. As it turns out, the 60" grapple is a perfect size for that tractor, where a 72" would be too large. And now that's where mine pretty much stays! So if you think a second tractor may be in your future, consider sizing with that in mine as well. :)

Last edited:
   / My NX6010 #1,337  
Good morning Eric, I'm helping a friend move some furniture after work. Has the food overtaken you by 7:30 EST?

Last edited: