My NX6010

/ My NX6010 #1,321  
Not a solution, though it might be of help (for you or others), but my NX can be a bear to shift into "M". I have found that having the engine's RPMs around 1,500-1,600 helps quite a bit: higher or lower and it's harder to get to shift. I've also resorted to turning the front wheels/steering around, which tends to, I'm thinking, alter the fluid flow and pressures. Your situation is FAR more troubling and my note here is unlikely to pacify you, but perhaps it might allow you to get it operate a bit until you get a final resolution.

NOTE: I'm approaching 800 hrs on my (2016) NX. All in all I can say that I am totally fine with this purchase. It took me a while before I could say that. I've had issues and, thankfully, the bigger ones (leaking rear diff case) were taken care of by the dealer under warranty*.

* I'll point out that it's better to work a new tractor hard than to baby it along (like a garage queen) because otherwise you may not force a weak item to give way under warranty.

/ My NX6010 #1,322  
It's probably fair, I'm just tight. That is almost 3 days pay just to transport it. No telling what the repair might cost?
Small comfort, but I agree with Eric that $150 for pickup and $150 for delivery after service is not bad, especially right now. Please keep us posted on what the dealer's service dept finds. Good luck!

/ My NX6010 #1,323  
Not a solution, though it might be of help (for you or others), but my NX can be a bear to shift into "M". I have found that having the engine's RPMs around 1,500-1,600 helps quite a bit: higher or lower and it's harder to get to shift. I've also resorted to turning the front wheels/steering around, which tends to, I'm thinking, alter the fluid flow and pressures. Your situation is FAR more troubling and my note here is unlikely to pacify you, but perhaps it might allow you to get it operate a bit until you get a final resolution.

NOTE: I'm approaching 800 hrs on my (2016) NX. All in all I can say that I am totally fine with this purchase. It took me a while before I could say that. I've had issues and, thankfully, the bigger ones (leaking rear diff case) were taken care of by the dealer under warranty*.

* I'll point out that it's better to work a new tractor hard than to baby it along (like a garage queen) because otherwise you may not force a weak item to give way under warranty.
Hi Diesel, thank you for the comments.

Although this is my first tractor, it has 1300 hrs. on it. The person I purchased from said he used it for brush hogging and splitting wood, so it seems like he worked it fairly good.

Aside from the range shifter being out of adjustment/sync with the dashboard light and transmission, I too have a hard time getting it into M from the Neutral between L and M. I've never been above M, so I don't know about shifting from the N above M to M. I'm not sure why it even has two Neutrals? I'll try to get the RPM's up next time wave see what happens.

/ My NX6010 #1,324  
$150 for each way isn't too bad considering chaining down time.
Hi Eric,

I just watched your video on YouTube where you had a problem with you range shift lever popping out of range into neutral. That video showed where the shifter linkage is located. I will take a look at that to see what I can see. Is there anything I should be looking for that might indicate a problem? Do you know where the shifter safety switch is located? You mentioned that potentially being the problem. I'm not too good at reading the schematic.

Did you ever get your shifter problem resolved?

Last edited:
   / My NX6010 #1,325  
Small comfort, but I agree with Eric that $150 for pickup and $150 for delivery after service is not bad, especially right now. Please keep us posted on what the dealer's service dept finds. Good luck!
Hi Threepoint,

I'm going to look at the linkage now that I know where to look (per Eric's YouTube video). If I don't see anything messed up, I'll probably bite the $$ bullet and have the Kioti dealer come pick it up and fix it.

I'll give an update as things develop.

I really appreciate ALL of you guys trying to help me!!

/ My NX6010 #1,326  
Hi Threepoint,

I'm going to look at the linkage now that I know where to look (per Eric's YouTube video). If I don't see anything messed up, I'll probably bite the $$ bullet and have the Kioti dealer come pick it up and fix it.

I'll give an update as things develop.

I really appreciate ALL of you guys trying to help me!!
Hey Eric, you ain't going to believe this...
I watched your YouTube video that showed you pointing out where the shifter linkage is located. I went out to look at my tractor and noticed there was a bunch of debris, (small sticks and such) lodged in the linkage. I reached in and started pulling stuff out but couldn't reach all the way so I bit a broom handle and getting pushed what I could out. I then got the air compressor out and blew the packed dirt loose and out.

As I was getting in the tractor I looked between the rear tire and cab and noticed I could see the linkage. I reached up and grabbed the range shifter and moved the shifter one range at a time threw the whole range. Icould see the kinkage moving as I did. The shifter moved so easily and securely at each range.

I got in and put the shifter in N (per the shifter label) the dash said N too. I went through all ranges and the dash matched each time. Then the moment of Truth... I put the shifter in N and tried see if it would start.

IT DID!!!

I drove it and checked each range. They all worked and synced with the dash.

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ERIC !!

You saved me a lot of aggravation and money !!

/ My NX6010
#1,327  
Hey Eric, you ain't going to believe this...
I watched your YouTube video that showed you pointing out where the shifter linkage is located. I went out to look at my tractor and noticed there was a bunch of debris, (small sticks and such) lodged in the linkage. I reached in and started pulling stuff out but couldn't reach all the way so I bit a broom handle and getting pushed what I could out. I then got the air compressor out and blew the packed dirt loose and out.

As I was getting in the tractor I looked between the rear tire and cab and noticed I could see the linkage. I reached up and grabbed the range shifter and moved the shifter one range at a time threw the whole range. Icould see the kinkage moving as I did. The shifter moved so easily and securely at each range.

I got in and put the shifter in N (per the shifter label) the dash said N too. I went through all ranges and the dash matched each time. Then the moment of Truth... I put the shifter in N and tried see if it would start.

IT DID!!!

I drove it and checked each range. They all worked and synced with the dash.

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ERIC !!

You saved me a lot of aggravation and money !!
LOL. That's an older video but I'm glad I could help! You know the deal. Thumbs up, write a comment on YouTube so the Algo that is run by the AI god notices my channel.

Meanwhile, I cannot believe my "How a mechanic washes his dog," video hasn't gone viral. lol

IMG_3169.JPG

Last edited:
   / My NX6010 #1,328  
LOL. That's an older video but I'm glad I could help! You know the deal. Thumbs up, write a comment on YouTube so the Algo that is run by the AI god notices my channel.

Meanwhile, I cannot believe my "How a mechanic washes his dog," video hasn't gone viral. lol

View attachment 765804
I Liked and Saved the video. What grapple is that you have. I'm looking for one. Also, I have a drainage ditch that is about 300 get long and 3-4 feet wide that is overgrown. I want to cut down the vegetation and maintain it that way. I'm afraid to try and straddle it with the tractor and brush hog. What implement would you recommend?

Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• 20221001_121636.jpg
    20221001_121636.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 90
   / My NX6010
#1,329  
I Liked and Saved the video. What grapple is that you have. I'm looking for one. Also, I have a drainage ditch that is about 300 get long and 3-4 feet wide that is overgrown. I want to cut down the vegetation and maintain it that way. I'm afraid to try and straddle it with the tractor and brush hog. What implement would you recommend?

Thanks again for your help!

The drainage ditch doesn't look deep or steep. Drive in there with your rotary cutter or use a regular law mower. The Grapply I have is an Everything Attachments 72" wide version 1.0 double lid wicked roots grapple. On my properties it is a my go-to attachment and is primarily used to pick up windfalls and once in a while to clean up improved areas. I'd purchase it again.

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...e-by-Everything-Attachments-p/eta-wrg-cmp.htm

/ My NX6010 #1,330  
Arnold, congratulations on solving the problem with the shifter! Eric's the man! He's helped many folks on this board in the past. Including me.

I think you are really going to enjoy the NX4510HST/cab, especially with that pesky issue gone. I have the same tractor, 2014 model.

I also have an Everything Attachments Wicked Root Grapple like Eric's, but in the 60" width. I initially thought I wanted a 72", since that is the width of the bucket it replaces, but decided to go with 60" after discussing it with Travis at EA. I'd buy it again with no hesitation.