My NX6010

/ My NX6010 #1,301  
If you've got a solution I'm all ears! :D

I looked to see if I could swap the pins to the inside but that measures right around 26". Inside measurement on CAT 1 quick hitches is roughly 27". Won't fit inside, and won't fit outside the towers (comes to just over 29"). Only option would be to alter the towers, which would require a fair amount of welding (I don't have a welder).
I rebuild any implements I get that aren't QH compatible. Usually takes an hour or 2 maybe a weekend. I have a welder & metalworking gear though. Depending a welder might do the work for a couple hundred or less, depending on what is required.

I like Craigslist & auction bargain hunting so I find & go through a handful of implements.

If you go for a QH, make sure all your implements are QH compatible, or its not worth your time & money to have the QH in the first place.

/ My NX6010 #1,302  
The NX5510 is CAT 2. The irony, as I pointed out (and as I think Eric has managed to emphasize) is that the fenders aren't CAT 2 quick hitch compatible!

I couldn't afford a new bush hog and nothing of any substance tends to pop up around here used. The one I got (6' BH26) would work with a CAT 2 quick hitch.

I've got a 5' box blade that's CAT 1 quick hitch compatible (though I once had a quick hitch for the B7800 and That quick hitch didn't work with it!) that I think I can make work with a CAT 2 quick hitch, though it would be to put pins on the outer lower attachment points: I think I can use extra long pins and run their threads into the inner attachment piece. This box blade is heck-for-stout (not that I look to tear up frozen ground like Eric does ;); I'd only be looking to use it like this short-term (otherwise it belongs on the B7800).

Another bit of irony is that I recently picked up a 5' bush hog that is true CAT 1 quick hitch compatible, replacing an older one that was not. This is for my B7800.

/ My NX6010 #1,303  
If you've got a solution I'm all ears! :D

I looked to see if I could swap the pins to the inside but that measures right around 26". Inside measurement on CAT 1 quick hitches is roughly 27". Won't fit inside, and won't fit outside the towers (comes to just over 29"). Only option would be to alter the towers, which would require a fair amount of welding (I don't have a welder).

Could you make or have a bracket made that uses the lift arm pin bolt hole and drill another hole above or below it. I'm thinking something like a piece of heavy gauge angle bolted to the cutter with some 1/4'' plate or piece of channel (or 2 pieces of angle) welded to the angle for you new attachment points. If this does not make sense I may have some scraps laying around and I could clamp them together so you could see what I am talking about. You will probably have to mod the top link too. With making an adapter and adding a QH your PTO shaft may be too short.

/ My NX6010
#1,304  
Eric, I'm now in the process of buying a quick hitch. I found that a CAT 1 won't work for me (won't work with my bush hog), so a CAT 2 looks like what I'll get. Didn't you have fender damage due to your CAT 2 quick hitch crunching up against it? I measured the distance between fenders at 33". A CAT 2 quick hitch I'm looking at is spec'd 38" wide (might be a little less at the "shoulders," not sure, but definitely isn't going to be less than 33").

Perhaps one could cut the fenders w/o weakening things there. Or maybe remove the trailing sections as they appear to be removable (haven't looked to see if running without them would cause issues).

Yes, both of my rear fender extensions have been blasted from my SpeeCo Cat 2 quick hitch. It works like this: The three point has been moved up at some point when the engine was off, and not checked before starting the engine. In the time it takes me to *bamb!* two broken fender extensions. This happened on my tractor at 7.7 hours when it was still on my driveway after I had installed my third function.

As a side note, I now know why Massey, Deer and Kubota don't extend their rear fender extensions as far back as Kioti because they can interfere with the three point attachments.

/ My NX6010
#1,305  
The NX5510 is CAT 2. The irony, as I pointed out (and as I think Eric has managed to emphasize) is that the fenders aren't CAT 2 quick hitch compatible!

I couldn't afford a new bush hog and nothing of any substance tends to pop up around here used. The one I got (6' BH26) would work with a CAT 2 quick hitch.

I've got a 5' box blade that's CAT 1 quick hitch compatible (though I once had a quick hitch for the B7800 and That quick hitch didn't work with it!) that I think I can make work with a CAT 2 quick hitch, though it would be to put pins on the outer lower attachment points: I think I can use extra long pins and run their threads into the inner attachment piece. This box blade is heck-for-stout (not that I look to tear up frozen ground like Eric does ;); I'd only be looking to use it like this short-term (otherwise it belongs on the B7800).

Another bit of irony is that I recently picked up a 5' bush hog that is true CAT 1 quick hitch compatible, replacing an older one that was not. This is for my B7800.

I've never torn up frozen ground.

/ My NX6010 #1,306  
Could you make or have a bracket made that uses the lift arm pin bolt hole and drill another hole above or below it. I'm thinking something like a piece of heavy gauge angle bolted to the cutter with some 1/4'' plate or piece of channel (or 2 pieces of angle) welded to the angle for you new attachment points. If this does not make sense I may have some scraps laying around and I could clamp them together so you could see what I am talking about. You will probably have to mod the top link too. With making an adapter and adding a QH your PTO shaft may be too short.

Yes, that's a good possible solution, I'll toy with the idea.

Things would be easier if I knew for sure what the dimensions of the lower arms are on the various quick hitches. I just seem to see inside dimension and then over-all width. Perhaps I'm not aware of some "standard" width? Kind of gun-shy in that my previous CAT 1 quick hitch didn't work on my box blade: it was a cheapo Harbor Freight one, I believe; box blade is a Modern Ag (not cheap!); easier to just mess with pins on the box blade (no quick hitch); but, hooking the bush hog w/o the quick hitch sucked (more so a cheap Kubota issue, but it is what it is).

I'm still anxious to get Eric's input on this. Just might be a lot more practical to remove the trailing fender pieces (might not make it look pretty, but I'd keep from breaking plastic!).

Attachments

• 485870d1477378989-my-nx5510h-p1120673.jpg
    485870d1477378989-my-nx5510h-p1120673.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 191
   / My NX6010 #1,307  
Eric, great to hear from you.

So, in hindsight what would you have done about all of this?

/ My NX6010 #1,308  
Possible solution might be to use a stop (like is on the draft control) to limit how far up one can raise the 3pt?

/ My NX6010
#1,309  
Eric, great to hear from you.

So, in hindsight what would you have done about all of this?

Depending on the tool, the length of the top link would prevent the quick hitch from contacting the fenders, but I frequently find myself trying to make by tractor shorter by shortening my hydraulic top link as much as I can. I also have need to lift the three point as high as I can too but my needs and use may be different than your own since we have different 3pt attachments.

My fender extensions where trashed from the get-go (I didn't know it could happen, see) and I just left them as they are. However, if I was to sort out the problem, I'd cut out part of the inboard side of the fender extension, anneal it so that the cuts would not crack, and rivet rubber in the place.

I have the new fender extensions as well as a length of old conveyor belt I was going to use, but life is short and precious and I have not gotten around to it.

/ My NX6010 #1,310  
Any new updates Eric? I'm curious to see what you have gotten done these last few months. I just finished reading all 131 pages of this thread.