My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,222  
This might be the best news I've heard in a while. Loved seeing her in the video.
Prayers for continued healing and gaining strength....and for good grades in college.

She was a straight “A” student in high school. I am trying to remember if she got 2 B’s or 3 in her first two years of college. It was a major event.

I just texted her. I stand corrected. She got one B+ and her GPA is still averaged at 4.0

I’m her step-dad so she didn’t get those smarts from me.

#4,223  
Darn it. I started talking about the kid but I came to give an update. Getting lights in, and had countertops delivered today and also, today, I had my shipping container delivered.
IMG_9911.jpg

IMG_9916.jpg

IMG_9914.jpg

IMG_9918.jpg

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,224  
Funny how something as small as lights makes such a big difference.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,225  
   / My Industrial Cabin Build #4,226  
Nice container

#4,227  
It opens like butter. Jefanna has no problem opening it. The doors actually swing in the wind. We had one years ago and that damned thing was junk. Night and day difference.

#4,228  
So I’m getttig ready to instal my combi boiler. Looking at the specs for clearance on the Rheem Combi Boiler. ( propane on demand heater for dhw and radiant heat). Side clearance for service is 3 inches. Rear clearance 0 since it mounts to the wall. Looking at virginia building code and mechanical code, I am trying to figure if I need 12 inches on the side
IMG_9945.jpg

of the water heater or if 3 is enough. I know calling the inspectors Monday morning before I mount it is probably the best move but I wanted to get input from you guys since I usually come away with a nugget or two that I hadn’t considered.
The wall I want tomput this on is the one on the right. The heater is 17.5 inches wide.
IMG_9943.jpg

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,229  
I assume you want to put it on the wall with the 36" space ? If so then you would have to make a 90 degree turn in the pex to connect the heater to the manifold ? Is there a reason you can't mount the WH right straight above the water manifold ? Or are the 2 electric boxes in the way to do so ? Is this the unit you are going to use ?

#4,230  
I have the larger unit like that, but I think the dimensions are the same. Yes it would be in that area on the right wall. It would be easier to lay out the components for the radiant on the wall above the manifolds. If I put it above the manifold, there might be an advantage for running exhaust but the propane line would have to be extended. I am just thinking of what would be the easiest. The wall on the right is where I will be making my penetrations for exhaust.