My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,231  
The electric can be moved however I want or need.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,232  
The inspector is going to use the clearances that are specified in the installation instructions. I wouldn’t worry about what the general code says, they use the manufacturer’s spec when there is a conflict between specs. I’m not going to address the location issue, except to say I usually go with whatever location I’d originally planned, unless there’s a pretty big issue that arises that hadn’t been considered. I’m not a fan of changing horses midstream.

#4,234  
The inspector is going to use the clearances that are specified in the installation instructions. I wouldn’t worry about what the general code says, they use the manufacturer’s spec when there is a conflict between specs. I’m not going to address the location issue, except to say I usually go with whatever location I’d originally planned, unless there’s a pretty big issue that arises that hadn’t been considered. I’m not a fan of changing horses midstream.

Thanks Gary. That clears it up quite a bit. I’m waiting on a couple more parts and I will get that thing up there.

#4,235  
Built gravel step for the house. A little tractor usage in the middle.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,236  
What is the color of the gravel? It appears to have a green tint

#4,237  
It is just a standard grey gravel. The stuff we used to get was a brown quartz, but that quarry got closed to public orders.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,238  
Maybe it is just that you are not done yet and I can't see all of what is going on in the kitchen countertop outlets, but my first impression is that your countertop outlets are not close enough together to meet code. It has to be no more than 2' to an outlet along the countertop with exclusions for sinks and cooktops/ranges. So an open counter needs spacing to be 4' max between outlets. This applies to each individual section like if you have a sink in the middle and counter on each side of it, then both sides need outlets if it is at least 12" wide counter.

You really want to make sure you get this right the first time to avoid major rework. And maybe you are fine and already on top of it. There is only so much one can tell from a video...

Also you probably should vibrate compact that new stoop. It will happen naturally too, but over a very long time.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,239  
Maybe it is just that you are not done yet and I can't see all of what is going on in the kitchen countertop outlets, but my first impression is that your countertop outlets are not close enough together to meet code. It has to be no more than 2' to an outlet along the countertop with exclusions for sinks and cooktops/ranges. So an open counter needs spacing to be 4' max between outlets. This applies to each individual section like if you have a sink in the middle and counter on each side of it, then both sides need outlets if it is at least 12" wide counter.

You really want to make sure you get this right the first time to avoid major rework. And maybe you are fine and already on top of it. There is only so much one can tell from a video...

Also you probably should vibrate compact that new stoop. It will happen naturally too, but over a very long time.
Is that your local code? Or a national code?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,240  
Is that your local code? Or a national code?
“The National Electrical Code (NEC) requires outlets in kitchens. This article discusses accessibility to outlets over a counter. The NEC says every piece of counter 12 inches or wider must have an outlet over it. In addition, there must be at least one outlet every 4 feet.”