My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,211  
Did it not come with a metal strap that has the ground screw on it? That strap is mounted to outlet box and has screws and decorative nuts to attach light to it.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,212  
No strap was included. I still need to get one. I will ground the strap and will fasten a wire to the lamp the way Carl NH suggested.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,213  
Yes, there should have been a fixture or bracket included with the light fixture. They typically have a ground screw in them. Is the escutcheon plate threaded? If so, there should be machine screws or threaded studs to mount the escutcheon to the bracket. Definitely missing some parts. If you have other surface mounted fixtures you need to install, open one or two of them and look at the hardware supplied, bracket or strap is a very common way of mounting light fixtures. Sometimes the strap has a thread in the center. You can get replacement hardware from Lowes if the hardware is missing.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,214  
Inordered round mounting plates to tie them in to the light boxes in the walls and grounding washers to ground the fixture. These were over priced ETSY crap that my wife found online. She loves them. When she first showed them to me I asked about the mounting plate she emailed them and they said to just mount it directly to the light box. Maybe that would have been possible if I knew when I installed the boxes that the two screw holes had to be horizontal. But is still wouldn’t be grounded. I made her promise no more Etsy creations. I know there are probably 4 more lights that she got from those kind of sources. She doesn’t care what a pain in the backside it is. Just cares about the look.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,215  
So I previously mentioned the metal lamps my wife bought that have no ground. I could tap a ground screw to the top of the lip round housing but it still seems hanky to me. Here are a couple pictures. It makes me wonder if the UL sticker is legit.

View attachment 784927

View attachment 784929
View attachment 784930
That is an actual UL listing. Whether it is valid for the product you have is something you'd have to dig into. Here's the listing: