My First Motorcycle

/ My First Motorcycle #41  
Yamaha 125 Enduro early 70's. It was what we call a dual sport today and had electric start.
Yamaha%20125-S.jpg

/ My First Motorcycle #42  
I still ride my 1976 BMW R75/6, though I have two newer ones and a new Honda. Takes a bit of maintenance but it is worth it...

r75.jpgr75a.jpgr75b.jpg

/ My First Motorcycle #43  
1st = 1968 Honda Superhawk (305), which I drove from DC to Salt Lake twice in the late 60s (ain't posting any photos of longer haired bearded dude riding it as such could be used for blackmail, given my current semi-respectable personna); current is a fully stock 1992 BMW R100R (person riding it is greying, clean shaven and definitely not stoned)

/ My First Motorcycle #44  
P7060333.JPG

i bought this Rokon back in the late 70's brand new. It was a fun bike and absolutely went anywhere. Woods riding was easy because it would slip through the trees and not leave a trail. I pulled a lot of deer out of the woods with this machine. One night in Archery season I shot a big Doe, the deer circled then ran up the hill about 80 yards and crashed into the parked Rokon knocking it over. The deer was laying dead right beside the upset Rokon. Get machine for a young man.

/ My First Motorcycle #45  
Kernopelli, I had a 76 YZ250 when I was a junior in high school, bought it new and that was one of the happiest days of my then 17 year old life. Now let's see if anyone here remembers who Preston Petty was.

I too bought my YZ new as a junior in H.S. I can tell you I remember Preston Petty. After I had the TY for a year or two I installed a PP headlight and F/R fender kit on it. I had decided I was done with trials and wanted something more "enduro". I also cut the shock mounts off and rewelded them so it would have longer travel "lay down shocks".......UHG, the stupid things I did as a kid!

Attachments

• preston.jpg
    preston.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 98
   / My First Motorcycle #47  
My 1979 Triumph Bonneville Special below which I bought new for $1,900. After spending more than it cost new to recondition it, it now runs great. They are fairly rare. I think it is just beautiful. I will never part with it:

Triumph.JPGTriumph3.jpg

/ My First Motorcycle #48  
My 1979 Triumph Bonneville Special below which I bought new for $1,900. After spending more than it cost new to recondition it, it now runs great. They are fairly rare. I think it is just beautiful. I will never part with it:

View attachment 368267View attachment 368268

You're right they are beautiful bikes, I always loved the Triumph Bonneville. Great sound.

Charlie

/ My First Motorcycle #49  
Took a bike trip last year from Missouri to Prudhoe Bay Alaska and back.
Here's a pic from the top of Atigen (sp) Pass on the Dalton Highway, just south of Deadhorse.
(It's not my first MC, but it's the first anything I ever bought new. (08).

Attachments

• image-46777357.jpg
    image-46777357.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 100
   / My First Motorcycle #50  

View attachment 368267View attachment 368268

Beautiful bikes, I've always loved Triumphs, my last one was a 1975 Bonneville T120RV that had to be imported from Canada and sold as used because of the right foot shift. It had the low European bars; sure wish I had kept it.