My Bridge

/ My Bridge
Nice Kenny! I can't wait to see the finished project. Have you mentioned which way water flows over the spillway? It looks like it flows in from the side opposite of the retainer wall blocks.

That's correct. the dam is concrete and about 6 inches lower than the spillway walls. It generally flows 11 or 11-1/2 months of the year, but we've been really dry for the last month.

/ My Bridge
This weekends update. I put on the railings. Next will be some retaining walls and backfill for the approach ramps and this project will be wrapped up.

A little slowed this weekend by football. On Saturday, Illinois, Michigan and Michigan State all won. Today, the Bears won. Those are the only teams I care about so this weekend was perfect.

br20.jpg br21.jpg

/ My Bridge #23  
Your bridge looks great and should last a long time! I've got the same project to tackle in a few years but my span will require steel beams but your project helps the planning stage. Thanks for sharing.

/ My Bridge #24  
Looks great!!!!

I'm curious to see how you deal with the dirt off to the sides when you build it up. I've thought of using rocks or sacks of concrete, but haven't decided on anything yet.

Eddie

/ My Bridge
Looks great!!!!

I'm curious to see how you deal with the dirt off to the sides when you build it up. I've thought of using rocks or sacks of concrete, but haven't decided on anything yet.

Eddie
I'm going to build more retaining walls. I still have lots of used blocks.

/ My Bridge
That looks great! Way nicer then mine's gonna be. LOL

Put it where your wife can see it from the kitchen window and it will get a lot nicer in a hurry. I can guarantee that from experience.

/ My Bridge #28  
LOL, I suppose that's true. Mine's 800' in the woods from the kitchen window so no worries there.

Again, nice job. You're like me in that you don't like wood touching dirt.

/ My Bridge #29  
Wow! That does look great....and for a moment there, I thought you may make an old timey covered bridge. The Mrs' would love it and it certainly wouldn't hurt the lifetime of the bridge *(that is IF you went through the trouble of keeping it roofed properly over the years). Looks great!!! Now, build you a nice cabin and have someone video the process I see a grand future in you providing YouTube "how to's". Great job! amazing to see how it has developed (especially while I was out of town).

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2021 Bodcat T64 Compact Track Loader Skid Steer (A35915)
2021 Bodcat T64...
JCB 215 Backhoe, Srl# 20174601493 (A33238)
JCB 215 Backhoe...
2002 Mack CH613 (A36338)
2002 Mack CH613...
Unused KBKC CW-04 20in Compaction Wheel, (A35430)
Unused KBKC CW-04...
2022 John Deere 5090M Tractor (A34898)
2022 John Deere...
Wolverine CB-11-750P Quick Attach Concrete Breaker (A34127)
Wolverine...