My 2320 Seat Fix

/ My 2320 Seat Fix #21  
did mine also...a little high in the back but works(never thought of cutting the springs to lower it), welded the springs to a thin piece of sheet metal for removal and future projects:D

/ My 2320 Seat Fix #22  
I cut a couple full rounds off of my springs.
Its WAYYYYY too high without cutting them.

/ My 2320 Seat Fix #23  
If my tractor (2520) will stay together, I am going to do this inprovement :D.

/ My 2320 Seat Fix #24  
Did mine - cut down the springs and it is working like a dream. Will post pics of how I attached the springs when I get a chance.

Cheers,
Brad

/ My 2320 Seat Fix #25  
PCABE5,
after looking at your photo, and then my rubber dampers (I had already cut one level off the rubber)----Do you think I could fit the "old" rubber or at least the bottom couple of rings of the damper over a cut-down spring? I'm thinking that I want to avoid having to attach something to the bottom of the seat.
What do you think, from your experience?
thanks,
v/r mark

/ My 2320 Seat Fix #26  
PCABES: Thanks for posting this improvement. Just installed my springs this weekend. I removed the rubber "spring" holder plate completely, then maded some "washers" out of sheet steel to bolt the big end of the spring down to the holes in the main seat frame. Cut about 2 turns off the small end (eyeballed it) and the seat's pretty close. Had to transport my 2330 3 miles and then mow for an hour over rough ground this afternoon. What an improvement! I'm bigger, so it'll bottom out some, but at least you don't have to feel every little bump! They coil springs also seem to let the seat flex side to side some to absorb some of the side-to-side jarring that can happen if you drop a wheel in a hole or go over a mound or something.

Great idea, good find on the M153100 springs.

/ My 2320 Seat Fix #27  
great info... im going to order these springs monday morning.

/ My 2320 Seat Fix #28  
For a real nice seat fix, try the thread on the 2520 seat.

Thats what I bought, but have not installed it yet.

/ My 2320 Seat Fix #29  
An update on my seat experiment, I purchased two seat suspension springs from JD (M153100 for and X series standard suspension) that were roughly the same base diameter as the rubber under the seat. I pulled the rubber and put in the springs and used a fender washer and small bolt at the bottom of each spring as a keeper and the ride is day and night. Rides like a it should have when new. I had cut the tops of the springs a bit to make it level when I am sitting on it. Overall took about 15 min and $12.64 to make a decent ride.

It is a cheap fix and cheap experiment. I mowed a bit today to try it out and my back it thanking me.
I’m trying this spring mod on my 2320 but I can’t find that part number anymore. I know this is an older thread but does anyone have a cross-reference number?

/ My 2320 Seat Fix #30  
I’m trying this spring mod on my 2320 but I can’t find that part number anymore. I know this is an older thread but does anyone have a cross-reference number?
Try this number M154605:

Rubber Spring.JPG