My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #51  
Wow, sorry to read this jeje! I was in E'ville the day after the accident and heard about it on 99.5. I'm happy your son made it and is recovering. Prayers to all who were involved.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #52  
Why are we so lenient? Why do we tolerate 10,000 deaths per year and 250,000 DUI related injuries, many life changing?

Follow the money. Lawyers make a good dollar defending DUI's most legislators / politicians "law makers" are lawyers. Lawyers take care of each other. They have made the job for police and prosecutors difficult. And it gets worse all the time.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #53  
Follow the money. Lawyers make a good dollar defending DUI's most legislators / politicians "law makers" are lawyers. Lawyers take care of each other. They have made the job for police and prosecutors difficult. And it gets worse all the time. Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Actually, a jury of your peers defines whether or not a person is guilty. The lawyers just tell the storyline.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #54  
Actually, a jury of your peers defines whether or not a person is guilty. The lawyers just tell the storyline.

I most DWI cases never get to a jury as a matter of fact only a small amount of cases ever do. But that said the jury may say guilty they don't render the punishment, and even the judge needs to follow guidelines set by laws written by the legislature.

<CALayer: 0x18378350>

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #55  
I most DWI cases never get to a jury as a matter of fact only a small amount of cases ever do. But that said the jury may say guilty they don't render the punishment, and even the judge needs to follow guidelines set by laws written by the legislature. <CALayer: 0x18378350>

Yep. And the legislatures are voted in by your peers. Same thing.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #56  
Last jury I was on we convicted a fellow for DUI. He was on a motorcycle, doing 90 mph or so on narrow back country extremely curvy roads with blood alcohol level at least 1.8 times over legal drunk level two hours after apprehension. He had had prior DUI's. I don't think he was wearing a helmet, either.

There is no logic or punitive measures which will stop a person judgmentally and physically impaired if they are willing to take such risky actions where the consequences, primarily, will be to themselves. A crash at that speed would surely send the rider thru the nearest barb wire fence and leave them in several pieces. If someone doesn't understand this risk and shrink from it, what external legal risk would reach him. Oh, yes, his drinking buddy was with him and didn't stop him (great buddy!) .....they wanted to "blow the carbon out" of the motorcycle.

My heart continues to go out to the OP, his family and the other victims of this event. Wish I knew how to inhibit drunks from getting behind the wheel. I have seen mangled cars on display along roadsides. I think the OP has a good idea there....never know how far reaching, time wise and behaviour wise, such a display might be.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver
Good Friday and my son is home! Had to do a lot of furniture moving to get him settled in on our main floor. Not to mention all the medical devices we need to have at home. Glad to have the family back together after one day shy of 3 weeks. Drunk driver was arrested yesterday as well as a second person who stole my son's amplifier from the crashed car at the impound.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #58  
It's good to see that your son is back home jeje.

Happy Easter. :bunny:

Rgds, D.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #59  
A very nice Easter present. Junior has got to be on the mend, then.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #60  
Good Friday and my son is home! Had to do a lot of furniture moving to get him settled in on our main floor. Not to mention all the medical devices we need to have at home. Glad to have the family back together after one day shy of 3 weeks. Drunk driver was arrested yesterday as well as a second person who stole my son's amplifier from the crashed car at the impound.

That's great news. I can only imagine what a relief it must be to have reached that milestone. I hope your son's recovery continues without complications.