My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #31  
I'm so sorry to hear about this tragedy, we've been down a similar road and know your anguish. One of my sons is an EMT and another law enforcement, these types of injuries happen even more often than most of us can imagine. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #32  
The brain is a crazy piece of hardware. Looking forward to another day tomorrow.

Yes sir. Its the software of the brain that is a mystery.

I will offer a few words of encouragement having been in a similar position with my 18 year old son. The biggest thing on your side is that he is young and the young have a much much much better chance to recover and recover better than us older folks.

Physical, speech and occupational therapy works. I was a sceptic before I saw it in person. It takes time and it is hard to watch --- but it will work.

Progress is slow at first and then moves really fast. Then, it seems to level out and you can get frustrated and wonder if "this is all that will happen"? Don't give up hope as progress will occur. You may not be able to measure it in days or weeks, but over the course of months you will see results. Progress will occur for up to 18 months after the accident. Maybe even longer as the brain heals and/or figures out other ways to get things done.

God bless.

MoKelly

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #33  
May your son heal, and heal fully enjoying a long, fruitful, happy life without further sorrow.

I'll second Eric.

Not to steal your thread, Don't text and drive and limit cell phone driving. Distracted driving is similar to Drunk Driving.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #34  
Wow, so sorry to hear, hopefully your son heals well. prayers go out to everyone in your sons vehicle, and the family of those people.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #35  
People who drink and drive do not deserve to breathe the same air as us DECENT people.

I will pray for your son's continued recovery.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #36  
Sorry to hear this. Trust in God and he will heal your son.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #37  
So sorry to hear this about your son.. I sincerely hope he makes a full recovery.. Hopefully this fool will never drive again.. he should be charged with murder and attempted murder !

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #38  
Sorry to hear about your son and hoping that he recovers fully and quickly.

Eddie

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver
Thanks again everyone for the support. Today has been a good day and a bad day. He was told he would be ready to go home by the end of this week. He also for the first time learned about his friends death. What a roller coaster of hurt he has been through physically, emotionally, and mentally. In a year from now I expect a full recovery mentally and physically but the emotional hurt may last forever. A true accident with no fault is easier to digest than an accident that can be prevented. Driving intoxicated can be prevented. Sorry to be a downer but hopefully people can see the pain it causes when a simple cab ride home is all that would have prevented it.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #40  
Hang in there Jeje. Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.