My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #11  
I live in northwest vanderburgh and I am very sorry to hear about this tragedy. I really pray your son has a full recovery. I was shocked to hear of this accident because a good friend was just in a similar scenario on hwy 66. Second time this year a drunk causes an accident, then flees the scene to cause another major accident. My friend was luckily rear ended by the fleeing drunk and not in a head on. He never saw the drunk in the rearview and was slammed by the guy going 100mph in an f250 sending both into a rollover. Nobody should ever go through what your family and friends are having to deal with. Really churns my stomach as a father. Here was what was left of my friends dodge.

Attachments

• image-4038308919.jpg
    image-4038308919.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 240
   / My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #12  
GAD!! Travelling wrong way after hitting car in filling station and 4 times over legal intoxication limit!!

Prayers for your son, others in his car and their families.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #13  
Very sorry to hear this -- you will all be in my prayers. I watched a good friend go through something similar almost 20 years ago -- his teenage son was killed as a passenger in a DUI wreck -- and to this day I am still sick over the whole thing.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #15  
Terrible what happened. Best wishes. Very tragic.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #16  
My prayers are with your family and the family of the passenger with your son.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #17  
My thoughts & prayers are with your family and your son in particular.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #18  
prayers for all of you.

/ My 16 year old son was hit by a drunk driver #20  
I hope your son continues to improve. I note that the other injured passenger has been discharged.

DUIs make me crazy. I don't understand why we pussyfoot around with this scourge. Death following a DUI accident should be considered murder pure and simple. Many other countries treat it that way. We have drivers still on the road after multiple DUI offenses and a legal industry that feeds off defending these scourges. I'd like to see mandatory year (or years) long suspension of license plus a month in the slammer for either first offence or refusal to be tested for blood alcohol. Lifetime driving ban plus substantial jail time for second offense. Throw away the key for third.

If any jerk got drunk and fired a gun randomly killing someone he would be tried for murder. Getting drunk and then driving is just as bad.