MX seat is giving up the ghost, replacements?

/ MX seat is giving up the ghost, replacements? #11  
Still vinyl and vinyl blows in hot weather as in sweaty crack...lol I much prefer Cordura at least in my open station, my cab tractor had a Seats, Inc., cloth seat i some sort of textured fabric but that in the cab and not out in the weather and Cordura is impervious tp the weather, even though I put a large plastic garbage bag over it to keep the cats from sleeping on it and leaving fur behind.

All seats today adhere to the ISO standard for threaded bolt holes so most (unless real cheap) are basically plug and play and as far as a swivel base goes, I want a locking swivel base so I went with a Seats, Inc., swivel base on my cab unit and it mated right up to the air suspension Grammer base I left in the cab when I canned the crappy Grammer seat that had no lumbar support and the armrests were cheap blow molded plastic. Least they did adjust. I spend a ton of time on my tractors during the summer and I want to be comfortable and no sweaty crack either.

/ MX seat is giving up the ghost, replacements? #12  
Still vinyl and vinyl blows in hot weather as in sweaty crack...lol I much prefer Cordura at least in my open station, my cab tractor had a Seats, Inc., cloth seat i some sort of textured fabric but that in the cab and not out in the weather and Cordura is impervious tp the weather, even though I put a large plastic garbage bag over it to keep the cats from sleeping on it and leaving fur behind.

All seats today adhere to the ISO standard for threaded bolt holes so most (unless real cheap) are basically plug and play and as far as a swivel base goes, I want a locking swivel base so I went with a Seats, Inc., swivel base on my cab unit and it mated right up to the air suspension Grammer base I left in the cab when I canned the crappy Grammer seat that had no lumbar support and the armrests were cheap blow molded plastic. Least they did adjust. I spend a ton of time on my tractors during the summer and I want to be comfortable and no sweaty crack either.
I still think that any good auto upholstery shop could take a metal seat pan of any OEM seat and build it up with a high quality dense foam and cover with a good cordura fabric for far cheaper and maybe build better than a custom replacement seat.

/ MX seat is giving up the ghost, replacements? #13  
I just bought a cordura fabric Durafit seat cover soon after I bought my tractor. The cover was less than $40 and protects the seat from UV and keeps the seat cool in the sun.
And I know where you got it from... remember? But then I bought the Talon complete seat at the same time, not the Cordura cover and the seat was very reasonable and delivered in a very timely ,manner as well. Cordura is the only way to fly with ANY open station tractor. It weathers excellent and no sweaty crack either. Mine is just peachy and the OS unit does spend quite a bit of time outside in the warmer months. I do have the sunshade mounted to the ROPS but the seat still gets a lot of sun anyway.

Attachments

• 100_0013 (1).JPG
    100_0013 (1).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
   / MX seat is giving up the ghost, replacements? #14  
And I know where you got it from... remember? But then I bought the Talon complete seat at the same time, not the Cordura cover and the seat was very reasonable and delivered in a very timely ,manner as well. Cordura is the only way to fly with ANY open station tractor. It weathers excellent and no sweaty crack either. Mine is just peachy and the OS unit does spend quite a bit of time outside in the warmer months. I do have the sunshade mounted to the ROPS but the seat still gets a lot of sun anyway.

Did someone mention CORDURA!!?? I got mine from Rural King,,

SHkv8HK.jpg

That seat is called a zero-turn mower replacement.
I guess some people spend lots of time on zero-turns?? :ROFLMAO:

The seat on my 584IH is all-day comfortable,, it is a forklift seat.
Look at forklift seats,, there are some REALLY nice ones.

/ MX seat is giving up the ghost, replacements? #15  
Gee, mine came from Rural King as well and so did another poster on this thread. In fact he pointed me in the right direction and your seat and mine are identical right down to the clunky fore and aft slider.

/ MX seat is giving up the ghost, replacements? #16  
Gee, mine came from Rural King as well and so did another poster on this thread. In fact he pointed me in the right direction and your seat and mine are identical right down to the clunky fore and aft slider.

I have the one in the pic, and two more in the box, never opened.
RK kept reducing the price, they had them on clearance, I kept getting tempted,,
Finally, at $17 each, delivered, I could not stand it, I ordered the two that are still in the box.

The one on the tractor was bought at a slightly higher price,, maybe $34?? something like that.

I stay off the RK clearance website, My shed would be too full to fit the tractors!! LOL!!

Shop.jpg

/ MX seat is giving up the ghost, replacements? #17  
RK kept reducing the price, they had them on clearance, I kept getting tempted,,
Finally, at $17 each, delivered, I could not stand it, I ordered the two that are still in the box.

The one on the tractor was bought at a slightly higher price,, maybe $34?? something like that.

I stay off the RK clearance website, My shed would be too full to fit the tractors!! LOL!!

View attachment 835911
That’s an insanely cheap price. At that price it’s a no brainer to give it a try.

/ MX seat is giving up the ghost, replacements? #18  
Then if you handy you can go to a fabric shop and get the material
that you need and build your own new seat! You can get information
on the internet on how to do this and its not that hard to DIY!
If you do this you will be surprised how much money you can save

willyr

/ MX seat is giving up the ghost, replacements? #19  

View attachment 835911
Too bad your tractors are all the wrong color and a bit too small for what I do anyway. My motto is go orange or stay home and I don't mean Kioti orange either......;)

/ MX seat is giving up the ghost, replacements? #20  
Then if you handy you can go to a fabric shop and get the material
that you need and build your own new seat! You can get information
on the internet on how to do this and its not that hard to DIY!
If you do this you will be surprised how much money you can save

willyr
I somehow don't believe you could match the RK price at any upholstery shop today. My seat wears like iron and the cats love it as well... Mind you I don't like cats but they came with the marriage 37 years ago and somehow keep multiplying.... 10 in the house and 10 or so outside. House cats go out regularly but all come back in at night when it's time to eat. I don't pay for cat food either. My wife's expense. We do have a couple that actually like me, even though I don't like them. I guess they know that so they impose themselves on me constantly. Nothing better than a cat winding between my legs when I trying to take a poop...lol