Grapple MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple

/ MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple #51  
Finally got to use my 48" MTL grapple. This is my first experience using a grapple, it seems to work very well. I can see this opening up many new options for my tractor and making it much for useful. I have some land I cleared and this will make cleaning it up much easier. It was nice and affordable and being less than 2 hours away I was able to pick it and a stump bucket up and save some money on shipping. A few things I have noticed that I don't like. The finish on these things is pretty bad, flakes off in large chunks. Also the upper jaws on this thing is not aligned perfect. When I close it fully the jaws tweak the rest of the grapple to allow the jaws to close. None of these things are deal breakers at the price point these things can be had for. I REALLY think this thing is going to make life A LOT easier, it already has!

A grapple is one of the best additions to a tractor you can get. Mine paid for itself in the first months of use and will save my aching back for many years. Dont worry about the paint, its a tool not a showpiece. Use it and enjoy it.

/ MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple #52  
I've got the 60" MTL twin lid and use it on L4240. Does all I need it to do, and glad I got the 60" instead of the 66". Just gives a bit more working room when in tight places. I cleaned up a large pile of limbs my neighbor was going to move by hand. It took me about 30 minutes just puttering along, and nothing left for them to move!

/ MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple #53  
20190716_110323.jpg

Land Pride sgc1072 on my mx5200

/ MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple #54  
60" twin lid from MTL. Best attachment purchase so far.

IMG_20190429_175726641_HDR.jpg

/ MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple #55  
Ordered my 60” twin lid yesterday after reading about grapples for hours. I landed on the MTL 60” for my JD4066r. Can’t wait to put it on and move some piles.

/ MTL eBay Inexpensive Root Rake Grapple #56  
That's the same one I have and it comes in handy. I think you will really appreciate what it can do.

I had this 17', 8" beam and 20' light pole buried in the tree row and got them out easily.

[/ATTACH]20190806_144137.jpg20190806_143156.jpg