MT573cps hydraulic whining question

/ MT573cps hydraulic whining question #11  
Thanks for PSS/filter change as a whine solution. Probably have that issue at some point. I use the TC-40 with forks,
6' shredder and box blade. Have other implements sized for it but those 3 are the ones I use 99% of the time. Also, take it into the woods to clear trails etc

TimberFarm, let us know how that 50hr filter change goes. A few of mine had to have been torqued on by a machine, then painted over with a heavy coat of black paint.
I was taking a look at the filters after reading how there were two #'s for one of the filters. I figured look under there and just copy the numbers off what I have...Nope. Like you said they are all painted black. The hydraulic filter looks like it is about a gallon size. I'm going to have to buy a strap wrench or something to get around that thing and hope and pray it isn't painted shut in place.

/ MT573cps hydraulic whining question #12  
I was taking a look at the filters after reading how there were two #'s for one of the filters. I figured look under there and just copy the numbers off what I have...Nope. Like you said they are all painted black. The hydraulic filter looks like it is about a gallon size. I'm going to have to buy a strap wrench or something to get around that thing and hope and pray it isn't painted shut in place.
I had to hammer a long screw driver through the big hydraulic filter to get it off. All painted black and incredibly tight on there.

/ MT573cps hydraulic whining question #13  
I try to do that as a last resort. I had a vehicle once where I had to do that and it still didn't come off. The screwdriver just ripped right through the metal all the way around.

/ MT573cps hydraulic whining question #14  
I had to order a strap wrench from auto store to fit the hyd filter. It was a beast to get off. In fact I couldn't get it to break loose. My sons couldn't get it off either. Finally had a shop mechanic come out. Mechanic had to remove back right wheel, use my strap wrench and a 3' cheater bar to get that thing off. It got done but was a real pita.
I usually don't take pics of oil changes etc. However, after the hyd filter episode, I did take a few pics of the pss/hyd filters and found them looking through my phone today. Posting them here to maybe help others following where this thread is going.

Attachments

• 20220618_150416.jpg
    20220618_150416.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • 20220618_153839.jpg
    20220618_153839.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • 20220618_154234.jpg
    20220618_154234.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
  • 20220618_154421.jpg
    20220618_154421.jpg
    661.3 KB · Views: 42
   / MT573cps hydraulic whining question #15  
Which filter is the second photo?
New filter looks like it would be pretty restrictive with a lot less holes in it than the old one.