MT573cps hydraulic whining question

/ MT573cps hydraulic whining question #1  

Mud2Money

Silver Member
Tractor
Lb2202, 63’ 630 COM, MF85, MT573cps
So question for those of you with mt5’s. Does your tractor have hydraulic wining and does it go away or consistent ? It never bothered me much. I know some units do groan from relief valves etc.

I recently got a NH hydrostatic tractor. Only groan is from the drive and it doesn’t slow when I lift the loader etc.

I know gpm numbers are largely inflated. But that’s one thing that does get me is the tractor physically slows when I lift the bucket or curl etc while driving. Yes the Rpms are over 2200 usually. Almost makes me wonder if I have a plugged screen or something. 275 hours , filters have been done.

/ MT573cps hydraulic whining question #2  
A slow speed sharp turn will get my MT 573 to whine, but whine goes away as wheels straighten.
Mine does not slow down while lifting or adjusting the bucket to curl. Hope that helps.
Are you using the throttle or pedal?
I also own a NH TC40-D and its been a great tractor. Good luck.

/ MT573cps hydraulic whining question
I usually use the stationary throttle. Mine slows down and I can hear it in the rpm a little when I’m cruising along and use the hydraulics. I just recently got the Tc45da but it’s been great. It’s super steer so I have been using it as my fork lift and for brush cutting tight areas.

/ MT573cps hydraulic whining question #4  
Mine whines when turning also.
It does not slow when working the loader and driving. I have been building up my driveway, so moving quite a few buckets of dirt.

My quick attach handle broke on one side today. I went to take the bucket off to put my forks on and the pin jammed on one side. The handle would not budge no matter what. I flooded it with penetrating oil...nothing.
Took the small hammer to it. Figured I would knock it loose...nope. Just broke the end of the shaft coming through the spring that joins up with the actual handle.

My qa handle gets sticky as well if I moved a lot of stone or dirt. It gets small rocks packed in. I blow it out with a air gun first then it usually pops free.

Well good news. Replaced the PSS/steering filter again at 275 hours. Back to normal. Guessing filter was getting restricted.

/ MT573cps hydraulic whining question #7  
I will keep that in mind. I am coming up on my 50 hr change of all the filters.

BTW, here is where my QA handle broke off.

Attachments

• LS Tractor Quick Attach Handle.jpeg
    LS Tractor Quick Attach Handle.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 47
Yeah a friend used my tractor and beat it with a hammer once to unlock it. Bent the handle some but luckily did not break the pin. If the pin breaks I’ll be machining a new one. I am half tempted fabricate some stuff mimicking my NH. Those handles are stout and open easy plus they have a grease fitting.

/ MT573cps hydraulic whining question #9  
On mine actually I think the hole for the pin that's in the bucket is slightly out. From day one that side was extra stiff when releasing. I figured it would loosen up with use like the other side did. Except it didn't.
Once I get the pin out of the bucket, I'm going to grind that edge back on the hole so the pin fits in a little looser. It wouldn't take much, maybe 3/32.

/ MT573cps hydraulic whining question #10  
Thanks for PSS/filter change as a whine solution. Probably have that issue at some point. I use the TC-40 with forks,
6' shredder and box blade. Have other implements sized for it but those 3 are the ones I use 99% of the time. Also, take it into the woods to clear trails etc

TimberFarm, let us know how that 50hr filter change goes. A few of mine had to have been torqued on by a machine, then painted over with a heavy coat of black paint.